The Samsung Galaxy S24
girish_cmps's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 30th, 2012 6:41 PM

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SIM Unlock

Hello,

I recently end my service contract with AT&T by paying full amount. I asked them to provide the SIM unlock code for my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, but they said that there is no unlock code available from AT&T due to some contractual issues with Samsung.

They can unlock iPhone but not SGS. I want to use this device out of USA and now not able to do so.

Please help me to get this device unlocked.

Thank you.

- Girish

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

AT&T will not provide the SIM unlock code for any exclusive phone for a period of 10 months after the phone's release.  The Skyrocket was released in October 2011, so they won't start giving codes until August.  Also, they only give codes to postpaid account holder, which you are not anymore.

You can use a paid unlock service, there are some on eBay for $25.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you very much for this information.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

@redpoint73 wrote:

AT&T will not provide the SIM unlock code for any exclusive phone for a period of 10 months after the phone's release.  The Skyrocket was released in October 2011, so they won't start giving codes until August.  Also, they only give codes to postpaid account holder, which you are not anymore.

It is now September and they still cannot give an unlock code and they have no idea when or if they will be able too.   

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

You can unlock your Galaxy S2 alternatively by rooting your phone, but I dont think I can post instructions on how to on this forum, and you may attempt at your own risk

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

@Robert418 wrote:

@redpoint73 wrote:

It is now September and they still cannot give an unlock code and they have no idea when or if they will be able too.   

10 months is the policy.  And as long as you are a customer in good standing for at least 90 days.  Call back and demand the code.  Talk to a manager, have the issue escalated, etc.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

This is just ridiculous..when I was breaking my contract, the customer care rep told me that once the termination fee is paid, they would send me the unlock code. They knew it was the Skyrocket. Why was this info not provided to me then.

Now when I am in India, I get an email stating they do not provide the unlock code for this device. I dont want to pay for unlocking the device. can anyone point out any other way to unlock the device by ourselves.

Are there any numbers I can call so that I can bug these AT&T people.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Good luck getting your SIM unlcok code from AT&T. I have spoken with at least 5 supervisors, created at least 4 cases and they refuse to give me the unlock code. I paid the full retail price for the phone so I would not be stuck in a 2 year contract and $80 a month. I used it as pay as you go since there is WiFi everywhere these days I do not need to pay for data. I faxed them my receipt for proof of purcahse to prove the phone was not stolen. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and FCC. AT&T reps and supervisors say they will call you back but they never do. Before I purchased the phone I was told numerous times that I would be provided the unlock code after 6 months if I requested it. Almost exactly 1 year later and they will not give it to me. You can type *#7465625# (*#SIMLOCK#) on your phone dialer to bring up the lock status. Your phone may not be locked. Mine says no for everything but I have not tested it with a SIM card from another carrier. Some have had success getting their unlock code from AT&T. There are lots of postings online stating that they have but I did exactly what they did and they will not give mine to me. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Like a lot of other people on this forum and others, I tried again and again without success to get the unlock code from AT&T. I wish I was one of the fortunate few that actually got AT&T to admit they can unlock this phone. My responses are always the same. Either "This phone is exclusive to AT&T so there is no unlock code" or "We don't have it yet, but we will soon." Both lies. 

I travel all over the world and WANTED more than needed this phone unlocked. But the shameless lies that AT&T keeps forcing on paying customers is shameless. I finally did end up paying a third party for an unlock code. And my phone now works all over the world.

AT&T, the shameless lies need to stop. Moderator, why don't you post an honest answer to this ongoing question? We know that this device has the ability to be unlocked (thank you Samsung) but AT&T refuses to help.

M

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.