The Samsung Galaxy S24
jsarino's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 8th, 2011 2:49 AM

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Overheating?

I've heard this from other users in the various Android forums, and have noticed it myself. After prolonged usage, my Skyrocket tends to get pretty hot, especially if I'm doing something that's data heavy (ex: watching a streaming video). Has anyone here have this same problem? Is it "normal" for it to do this? If not, can there be something done about it, say replacing the battery or something?

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

All smartphones (3G+) heats up when busy using data. It also uses a lot of battery juice. That power has to convert to something.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

12 years ago

I think when and during charges my battery app actually says my battery is 50'c

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Yeah mine does that too. But one time I had my phone in my back pocket and it started getting really hot. I don't think there were any apps open but after about a half hour it got so hot I just turned it off. I noticed too that my battery was draining really fast if wen from over half to almost dead in under an hour.

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

12 years ago

@jsarino wrote:

I've heard this from other users in the various Android forums, and have noticed it myself. After prolonged usage, my Skyrocket tends to get pretty hot, especially if I'm doing something that's data heavy (ex: watching a streaming video). Has anyone here have this same problem? Is it "normal" for it to do this? If not, can there be something done about it, say replacing the battery or something?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/06/samsung-skyrocket-gets-too-literal-lights-up-mans-pocket/

This was originally posted in the XDA forum. Just a heads up in case you notice it getting TOO hot. This guy's skyrocket was just sitting in his pocket not doing a thing when it blew.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I saw the same problem with my skyrocket as well...just after talking 20 mins...I cannot hold the phone any more.

I switched the phone twice so far (last one 2 weeks back)...and this one seems to be good so far...Still watching 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We have two Skyrockets in my household.  Both heated up to the point of frying hardware (assumed the processor, the battery terminals were fine).  Neither phone would even post.

Both were replaced under Samsung's warranty and we haven't had any issue with the new ones.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

My skyrocket got so hot it shut down and took 3 days to recover to where it came back to life.  Yesterday the same thing happened and now I have no cell phone.  Crap.  Thought this was a great phone.

I had a Samsung Captivate without any problems at all.  Wish I still had it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Mine overheats when on my car charger.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.