The Samsung Galaxy S24
RajCaj's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 2:44 AM

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

Update is pretty much OK for me except ram usage has gone up. Not good for me cause I play lots of games on phone. Battery while using phone is about the same. When I shut of mobile data battery life is drastically improved! I am using a app called 2x battery and also power toggles to control mobile data setting.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

Oh yeah it might be worth mentioning that 2x battery has a screen filter that can help battery life also.

Also for the SD issues I read about perhaps formatting SD card can help?

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

As far as battery life is concerned, immediately after the update I wasn't having an issue.  A few days later I was prompted to install (or update, I can't remember which one it was) Google Now.  After I did that my battery started to drastically drain faster.  I checked the settings within Google Now.  Then I turned it off.  I also checked the Location History/Settings in Google Maps.  I turned off "Report from this device", "Enable Location Sharing" and "Enable Location History".  Some of these settings seemed to have changed or were added after the update.  Anyway, after doing that my battery has seemed to perform basically the same as it did prior to the update.   

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

After the Jelly Bean update I'm having problems searching through my Contacts when I am driving. When I am stopped by the side of the road my contacts are fine but as soon as I get above 15 MPH  and i try and search through my Contacts they immediatley shift back to the top of the page. I can't get to any other contacts while driving. I have tried to see what is going on with Driving Mode but it is not turned on and when I do turn it on nothing changes whether I am driving or not. Any thoughts?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

I updated to JB, now my phone battery discharges way to fast, never had prblem before the update, just watching the battery meter, it loses 2% every couple of minutes. I use to go all day without a charge, now I have to watch the battery and charge it thought the day.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I've sent private messages to AT&T with my questions/concerns, and I've repeatedly received responses stating that I need to ask Samsung.  Is there a link to a Samsung support portal to which we should direct our questions?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I sent a private message and got an email to call the Warranty Service Center at 800.801.1101. I did a factory reset in the process on my current phone and it has helped the speed, freezing, and stuttering problems I was having. I don't really see a difference in battery drain and it still has a problem recognizing my SD card. Since it is still under warranty they are sending me a replacement. I just hope the replacement doesn't have these problems. I would suggest a factory reset for most problems.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

Anyone notice the Gallery only working in Portrait view.  I'm almost positive the Gallery could be viewed in Landscape view prior to the update.

Explorer

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I just verified, Galery in 4.0.4 can be viewed in either portrait or landscape modes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.