The Samsung Galaxy S24
RajCaj's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 2:44 AM

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

11 years ago

I updated Kies to the latest version, but it never connects to the S2.  It attempts, but never completes.  I have the phone in USB debug mode as someone suggested is needed for it to connect.

Any ideas why Kies won't connect?

Thanks

Explorer

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm also have a problem with battery drain after the jellybean update. The phone seems to drop about 5% an hour with no use and with use I loose almost 20% an hour with use. The phone gets EXTREMELY hot and eventually starts to flake out (I'm assuming because of the heat). I've tried to let the battery drain completely a few times as I read on a few other posts but at this point I would think I would have noticed any change. If anything the problem has gotten worse. With the phone plugged in, using it drops very slowly and with the screen off charging takes about 5 hours or more to charge. The phone had no problems before the update. The only other thing I've noticed with jellybean is the auto brightness setting the screen seem to always be way higher than it should be. In a pitch black room on auto bright the setting is about the same as moving the slider a third of the way to the right and in an office it's almost maxed out. I've stopped using auto brightness but the phone is still overheating and losing  battery. Anyway to recalibrate the screen brightness?

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

After all of the SOD problems that I had with the initial 4.04 update, I think I will wait until it is apparent from other users that this update is stable before making the change.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

I too am having battery drain issues. First thing I would do is make sure that Google Now is not active. It comes up as Google Search in the applications lists I believe. You can also go to Settings/Location Services/ and 'uncheck' Location and Google Search. Then, go to Settings/Battery and check for applications that are eating up a lot of battery. I found one application that was doing a lot of damage. I believe it had a recent update or was acting up since the Jelly Bean update.

Good luck

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I would try WITH PHONE ON removing the battery for about 3 minutes. If that does not help then try factory reset. Remember to back up contacts to SD card first.

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Everyone, 

Thank you for posting the issues you're having since the update. This allows us to take a look in to it for you. Can you all please send a Private Message by clicking here ?  Please let us know the details of the issue, the frequency of the issue (whether it's intermittent or constant), your city and state, your cell number and your phone's IMEI. 

Gathering this information will certainly help in isolating the issues, and help with troubleshooting. 

Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hello,

A bunch of things have been happening to my phone since the update.  (Update to JB itself proceeded smoothly).

The most serious of the issues is that everytime I restart the phone I lose access to the external SD card (something that has never happened before.)  It is not mounted.  If I go to Settings-Storage-MountSDCcard... it seems to start to mount the card then fails..  On the failed attempts, I get a message apologizing that the "Settings application has stopped working."  Then the phone spontaneously reboots and freezes during the reboot. 

Then I have the joy of either pulling the battery or pressing and holding the on/off switch to restart the phone.  I am currently on the fourth cycle of this madness this morning.   I have only been able to remount the card after several attempts -- still not mounted as I type this message to you.

Essentially, the update has turned my phone into a disaster zone.

The other most noticeable and annoying problem is the frequent, spontaneous dropping of my wifi connection on my network at home.  It happens in spurts.  The last time this happened was yesterday evening.  The connection kept dropping on-and-off for about 45 minutes.  Then it seemed to be fine.  Just like the SD card issue, this dropping of the wifi connection never happened before.

A third annoyance (which has not happened since Wednesday morning) was my phone spontaneously rebooting -- occasionally.  Nothing in particular seemed to trigger it.... it would simply reboot.

Is there anything I can do to regain the usefulness of my phone?  Please help.

Harley

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Same here.  I'm wondering if it's just a matter of new software on older hardware, and Jelly Bean is stretching the capabilities of a phone from 2011.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Wow, that's the worst experience I've read so far on this forum.  I think at this point you might want to try either a factory reset, or take your phone to an AT&T service center for service.

Good luck.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi HarleyK,

We received your private message and we certainly want to look into the trouble with your phone. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.