Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

Teacher

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 91 (34,779 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

Just received the 4.1.2 via kies and upgraded without any issues. Model I777
Message 16 of 91 (25,592 Views)
Explorer

My i777 also just updated to 4.1.2 via Kies

Never thought this day would come haha

Message 17 of 91 (25,443 Views)

After the update, does anyone have any issues?

Message 18 of 91 (23,931 Views)

Looks like the Jellybean update just went out.  

Message 19 of 91 (23,923 Views)

Yeah, but I think it's just isolated to my phone.  I have lost all notifications for text messages (not on the notification tray, not on the lock screen, not even the number on the icon).  I have to keep checking my inbox to see if someone texted me.  Anyone else have this?

Message 20 of 91 (23,860 Views)
Tutor

My notifications appear to be working fine after the update. Only real differences I have noted are some additioanl Apps and Widgets available AND my previous facebook icon is missing along with the widget that allowed me to easily enable/disable GPS, running apps, WiFi, etc.

Message 21 of 91 (23,738 Views)

[ Edited ]

My SD card no longer works in the phone.  The phone doesn't see it and, if I plug the phone into my computer the computer doesn't see it in the phone either.  Interestingly, if I take the card out of my phone and put it into the card reader on my computer the card works fine.

Message 22 of 91 (23,680 Views)
Explorer

I haven't had any problems with my update, matter of fact, it fixed my semi not working lock button
Message 23 of 91 (23,353 Views)
Tutor

I am not getting email notifications since the update. No sound and nothing in notification bar. I have checked everything I know.

Message 24 of 91 (23,341 Views)

Gallery stopped working.  Any fix?

Message 25 of 91 (23,200 Views)

I installed the update last night, no issues during the update, and so far so good, for the most part.

• I have not had issues with SMS, gallery, or email notifications as reported by some others.
  • The home screen / launcher seems slower when going back to the default home screen when I tap the home button. Swiping between home screens is fast, just the going back to the default screen is slower. This is the same on TouchWiz and Nova Launcher.
  • When swiping down to see the notifications, now that there are more toggle switches (for wifi, bluetooth, etc.) at the top, it scrolls each time to the left even if it was already at the left. I guess this makes it clear that there are more than just the first five, but the scrolling is a bit distracting from the actual notifications near the bottom, which is what I'm really trying to get to.

Message 26 of 91 (23,121 Views)

I noticed that the path to the external SD card has moved after the update.  So maybe try looking in the new location.

The old path use to be /sdcard/external_sd.  That folder is now empty.

The new path seems to be /storage/extSdCard/.  All my stuff on my external SD card are still in there.

Good luck.

Message 27 of 91 (23,118 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Greyhawk808, can you be more specific regarding "stopped working?"

• Does it not open when you tap the app icon?
  • Does it throw an error or force close?
  • Does it open but no photos are present?
Message 28 of 91 (23,117 Views)

Hi samblackjack.  Thanks for the follow up.  When I look in /storage/extSdCard// directory it says "No Files" despite the fact that my files are all still there.  It's very strange.  I've read on various forums that some others have had the same issue but it certainly doesn't seem to be universal.  So who knows.

Message 29 of 91 (22,904 Views)

When I tap the Gallery App Icon it says Not enough space.  Delete files...  Then it closes.

Message 30 of 91 (22,827 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.