The Samsung Galaxy S24
RajCaj's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 2:44 AM

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

My SD card no longer works in the phone.  The phone doesn't see it and, if I plug the phone into my computer the computer doesn't see it in the phone either.  Interestingly, if I take the card out of my phone and put it into the card reader on my computer the card works fine.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't had any problems with my update, matter of fact, it fixed my semi not working lock button

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I am not getting email notifications since the update. No sound and nothing in notification bar. I have checked everything I know.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Gallery stopped working.  Any fix?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I installed the update last night, no issues during the update, and so far so good, for the most part.

• I have not had issues with SMS, gallery, or email notifications as reported by some others.
  • The home screen / launcher seems slower when going back to the default home screen when I tap the home button. Swiping between home screens is fast, just the going back to the default screen is slower. This is the same on TouchWiz and Nova Launcher.
  • When swiping down to see the notifications, now that there are more toggle switches (for wifi, bluetooth, etc.) at the top, it scrolls each time to the left even if it was already at the left. I guess this makes it clear that there are more than just the first five, but the scrolling is a bit distracting from the actual notifications near the bottom, which is what I'm really trying to get to.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I noticed that the path to the external SD card has moved after the update.  So maybe try looking in the new location.

The old path use to be /sdcard/external_sd.  That folder is now empty.

The new path seems to be /storage/extSdCard/.  All my stuff on my external SD card are still in there.

Good luck.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Greyhawk808, can you be more specific regarding "stopped working?"

• Does it not open when you tap the app icon?
  • Does it throw an error or force close?
  • Does it open but no photos are present?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hi samblackjack.  Thanks for the follow up.  When I look in /storage/extSdCard// directory it says "No Files" despite the fact that my files are all still there.  It's very strange.  I've read on various forums that some others have had the same issue but it certainly doesn't seem to be universal.  So who knows.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

When I tap the Gallery App Icon it says Not enough space.  Delete files...  Then it closes.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I should mention that I'm using a third party file explorer to browse for files. Specifically, I'm using ES File Explorer.  If you're using the native file explorer (My Files?), try another file explorer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.