The Samsung Galaxy S24
RajCaj's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 2:44 AM

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

It took AT&T 4 months to fix the "Sleep of Death" introduced when they forced 4.0.4 onto the i777 phones. They could have used those 4 months to test 4.1, but it appears that they did not. Based on this, I'd say you can expect to get 4.1 sometime around the 5th of Never. 😉

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I am battling my way through Samsung's tech support right now....so far people don't even seem to know what is being worked on.  I will report back....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I got nowhere.  Nobody knows anything, so I'm going to assume "Never" and unlock the sucker and install a ROM myself.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

11 years ago

Your assumption is more than likely correct.  The original S2 isn't making them any money aside from service contracts, so ATT could care less about what customers want.  They roll out these tiny little updates that do nothing at all for us.  I'm not going to spend another $400 just so they can get their way.  The simple solution is to tell ATT to screw off and install the ROM ourselves.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just received the 4.1.2 via kies and upgraded without any issues. Model I777

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

My i777 also just updated to 4.1.2 via Kies

Never thought this day would come haha

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

After the update, does anyone have any issues?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Looks like the Jellybean update just went out.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, but I think it's just isolated to my phone.  I have lost all notifications for text messages (not on the notification tray, not on the lock screen, not even the number on the icon).  I have to keep checking my inbox to see if someone texted me.  Anyone else have this?

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

My notifications appear to be working fine after the update. Only real differences I have noted are some additioanl Apps and Widgets available AND my previous facebook icon is missing along with the widget that allowed me to easily enable/disable GPS, running apps, WiFi, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.