Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

Contributor

Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

So I did the download for the update last night and fell asleep while it was installing. I woke up this morning to a 100% drained battery, which is odd because I only slept like 8 hours and the battery was close to full when I fell asleep. Now it is plugged in, but the charging screen doesn't show movement and when I turn it on it turns right back off. I'm worried something happened with the update? Anyone else having similar issues? I can't find anything about this update online since it just came out last night.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Teacher

Re: Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

I had my phone plugged in and charging and went from about 50% down to 12% after the update.

Message 2 of 5
Professor

leave your phone plugged in for a while, then try booting it again. Worst case, it bricked from powering down while updating your firmware. Good news though, the S line is nearly impossible to hard-brick, and almost everything can be fixed with Odin.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Hi ,

Even i have the same problem. I think after couple of days from the update my battery is fully drained overnight. I see the battery is around 90% at 12 AM when i go to sleep and even i have turned off the Wi-fi and 4G. My phone is completely idle for 8 hrs (from 12am to 8 am). But still something is causing to fully drain my batter.

Does Anybody  has any clue on what is going on  ? Your reply would be really appreciated. 

Message 4 of 5
Teacher

the answer is that the update has scr*wed up alot of phones and att wont admit to their problem
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support