Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 21, 2012
5:47:17 AM
View profile
Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

So I did the download for the update last night and fell asleep while it was installing. I woke up this morning to a 100% drained battery, which is odd because I only slept like 8 hours and the battery was close to full when I fell asleep. Now it is plugged in, but the charging screen doesn't show movement and when I turn it on it turns right back off. I'm worried something happened with the update? Anyone else having similar issues? I can't find anything about this update online since it just came out last night.

Thanks!

So I did the download for the update last night and fell asleep while it was installing. I woke up this morning to a 100% drained battery, which is odd because I only slept like 8 hours and the battery was close to full when I fell asleep. Now it is plugged in, but the charging screen doesn't show movement and when I turn it on it turns right back off. I'm worried something happened with the update? Anyone else having similar issues? I can't find anything about this update online since it just came out last night.

Thanks!

Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 4:51:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

I had my phone plugged in and charging and went from about 50% down to 12% after the update.

I had my phone plugged in and charging and went from about 50% down to 12% after the update.

Re: Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

2 of 5 (1,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2012 10:23:35 PM
(0)
Professor

leave your phone plugged in for a while, then try booting it again. Worst case, it bricked from powering down while updating your firmware. Good news though, the S line is nearly impossible to hard-brick, and almost everything can be fixed with Odin.

leave your phone plugged in for a while, then try booting it again. Worst case, it bricked from powering down while updating your firmware. Good news though, the S line is nearly impossible to hard-brick, and almost everything can be fixed with Odin.

3 of 5 (1,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2012 6:46:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi ,

Even i have the same problem. I think after couple of days from the update my battery is fully drained overnight. I see the battery is around 90% at 12 AM when i go to sleep and even i have turned off the Wi-fi and 4G. My phone is completely idle for 8 hrs (from 12am to 8 am). But still something is causing to fully drain my batter.

Does Anybody  has any clue on what is going on  ? Your reply would be really appreciated. 

Hi ,

Even i have the same problem. I think after couple of days from the update my battery is fully drained overnight. I see the battery is around 90% at 12 AM when i go to sleep and even i have turned off the Wi-fi and 4G. My phone is completely idle for 8 hrs (from 12am to 8 am). But still something is causing to fully drain my batter.

Does Anybody  has any clue on what is going on  ? Your reply would be really appreciated. 

4 of 5 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 5:37:13 PM
(0)
Teacher
the answer is that the update has scr*wed up alot of phones and att wont admit to their problem
the answer is that the update has scr*wed up alot of phones and att wont admit to their problem

5 of 5 (706 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments