The Samsung Galaxy S24
pprbckwrtr's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 21st, 2012 1:47 PM

Galaxy S2 OTA Update Drained Battery?

So I did the download for the update last night and fell asleep while it was installing. I woke up this morning to a 100% drained battery, which is odd because I only slept like 8 hours and the battery was close to full when I fell asleep. Now it is plugged in, but the charging screen doesn't show movement and when I turn it on it turns right back off. I'm worried something happened with the update? Anyone else having similar issues? I can't find anything about this update online since it just came out last night.

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I had my phone plugged in and charging and went from about 50% down to 12% after the update.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

leave your phone plugged in for a while, then try booting it again. Worst case, it bricked from powering down while updating your firmware. Good news though, the S line is nearly impossible to hard-brick, and almost everything can be fixed with Odin.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi ,

Even i have the same problem. I think after couple of days from the update my battery is fully drained overnight. I see the battery is around 90% at 12 AM when i go to sleep and even i have turned off the Wi-fi and 4G. My phone is completely idle for 8 hrs (from 12am to 8 am). But still something is causing to fully drain my batter.

Does Anybody  has any clue on what is going on  ? Your reply would be really appreciated. 

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

the answer is that the update has scr*wed up alot of phones and att wont admit to their problem
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.