Galaxy S III Talking Calendar Notifications

Professor

Galaxy S III Talking Calendar Notifications

My calendar notifications speak and play the notification ringtone at the designated time.  How can I turn the speaking feature off?  I have Talkback set to off, but apparently, that is not the feature that is making the phone speak the calendar event title.  I've looked in Settings>Sounds and Calendar settings and can't find it.

Also, is there a way to set the snooze interval for the reminders?

Message 1 of 7 (3,634 Views)

Re: Galaxy S III Talking Calendar Notifications

Open up calander app go to setting then notification settings it is there
Message 2 of 7 (3,619 Views)
Professor

The Set alerts & notifications option only offers Alert, Status bar notification (selected), and Off.  I do want a notification ringtone, just not the talking.

Message 3 of 7 (3,617 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 21stNow
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I will look further . Is it driving mode.just a thought
Message 4 of 7 (3,614 Views)
Professor

Check you Accessebility settings (Settings -> Accessibility) and make sure talkBack is off, and all the talking settings are off

Message 5 of 7 (3,605 Views)
Professor

It was driving mode, thank you!  It is really buried in the settings menu.

Message 6 of 7 (3,601 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

For reference, Driving Mode is located: Settings> Voice input and output> Text to speech settings> Untick 'Driving Mode'

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (3,570 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.