Helpful Links

Galaxy S III Talking Calendar Notifications

Highlighted
Professor

Galaxy S III Talking Calendar Notifications

My calendar notifications speak and play the notification ringtone at the designated time.  How can I turn the speaking feature off?  I have Talkback set to off, but apparently, that is not the feature that is making the phone speak the calendar event title.  I've looked in Settings>Sounds and Calendar settings and can't find it.

Also, is there a way to set the snooze interval for the reminders?

Message 1 of 7

Re: Galaxy S III Talking Calendar Notifications

Open up calander app go to setting then notification settings it is there
Message 2 of 7
Professor

The Set alerts & notifications option only offers Alert, Status bar notification (selected), and Off.  I do want a notification ringtone, just not the talking.

Message 3 of 7

I will look further . Is it driving mode.just a thought
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Professor

Check you Accessebility settings (Settings -> Accessibility) and make sure talkBack is off, and all the talking settings are off

Message 5 of 7
Professor

It was driving mode, thank you!  It is really buried in the settings menu.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
Former Community Manager

For reference, Driving Mode is located: Settings> Voice input and output> Text to speech settings> Untick 'Driving Mode'

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support