Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Message 35 of 266 (23,291 Views)
Mentor

Re: Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but after the update we now have the official Swype keyboard.  However, there is no voice input button.  To solve this install the Swype beta Installer through their website here http://beta.swype.com/

After doing the install and entering the verification codes (2 of them) I now have beta and the speech to text works amazingly well.  If this helps anyone, please give me Kudos. Thanks!

Message 256 of 266 (4,701 Views)
Contributor

Was told by att customer service that we should have jellybean 4.1.2 by Jan 15 at the latest and that the reason 4.1.1 took so long is it kept making phones turn off so they werent going to release it till it was fixed
Message 257 of 266 (4,590 Views)

@jakel24 - I'm considering exchanging my Nokia Lumina 920 for this phone. Please tell me the Android 4.1.1 update doesn't reintroduce the Samsung Captivate (original Galaxy S) random power off bug. That was a nightmare!

Message 258 of 266 (3,618 Views)
Teacher

Has anyone done the OTA update to JB yet? I have not seen it come to me yet (I am on wifi alot).

What enhancements does JB do for the S3's?
Message 259 of 266 (3,480 Views)
Contributor

I hear that the new Galaxy is supposed to be out around Oct or Nov here in the states, if that is the case I would imagine that the newest Jelly Bean would be on it.  I wonder if that is why they wait, strategic move to make us want to just buy the new phone and spend more money...  I do not know why AT&T is always the last to roll out an update but it is extremely irritating. 

Message 260 of 266 (2,664 Views)
Guru

jodi521 wrote:

I hear that the new Galaxy is supposed to be out around Oct or Nov here in the states, if that is the case I would imagine that the newest Jelly Bean would be on it.  I wonder if that is why they wait, strategic move to make us want to just buy the new phone and spend more money...  I do not know why AT&T is always the last to roll out an update but it is extremely irritating. 

The new Galaxy S4 is actually coming out in less than a month, with AT&T pre-orders starting on April 16.

Message 261 of 266 (2,597 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I recieved jellybean 4.1.1 about a month ago for my samsung galaxy s III. My provider is at&t. My question is when will the update to this firmware be released.

Message 262 of 266 (2,306 Views)
Voyager

Re: So where the heck is Jellybean??

21stNow wrote:

It was Adobe's decision, as they don't want to be in the mobile OS market anymore.  They stopped supporting their Flash Player with the new version of Android.

One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market. That however doesn’t mean that you can’t get it.Ures can Manually install flash on thier Samsung Android Device

Message 263 of 266 (2,059 Views)
Mentor

Re: So where the heck is Jellybean??

marialion wrote:

21stNow wrote:

It was Adobe's decision, as they don't want to be in the mobile OS market anymore.  They stopped supporting their Flash Player with the new version of Android.

One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market. That however doesn’t mean that you can’t get it.Ures can Manually install flash on thier Samsung Android Device

However, even if flash is installed on your phone and you use Chrome on your phone to browse the web, flash still won't work.  You'll have to either use the stock Samsung browser or find a different one. I don't know which ones actually work since I rarely visit flash sites on my phone.

Message 264 of 266 (2,055 Views)
Scholar

And we're still waiting while Sprint released it weeks ago and the Premium Suite today. I wouldn't put much stock in what reps say, csse in point.
Message 265 of 266 (1,986 Views)
Guru

Archienj7 wrote:
And we're still waiting while Sprint released it weeks ago and the Premium Suite today. I wouldn't put much stock in what reps say, csse in point.

It's sad and pathetic that Sprint is running circles around AT&T when it comes to keeping their flagship devices updated.

Message 266 of 266 (1,957 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.