The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

I don't see Keis listed as a download. could this be keis?> Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.v1.5.14.0)

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/  The link is there!

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you!!

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

Also you may or may not have an issue, java must be updated for kies and if running win 7 or you have admin rights "right click kies" run as admin!  that will help you avoid a lot of issues !

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

supastevexd,

Have you seen or heard the news?!

Jellybean update

James

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Updated mine last night via kies.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have tried to update via Kies. It connects to the phone , show that the update is available, then Kies just closes. I have tried everything including reinstalling the drivers and trying different computers. Can someone help?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Tried that too...still cant get it to work

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Kies is the biggest pile of garbage I've ever encountered. If one of my software development teams had written Kies, I'd fire them all the way from the senior architect all the way down to the very last intern and blackball them to make sure they never got another job in the software industry, ever. Kies makes iTunes look well designed. That's how horrible it is.

The first time I tried updating my phone to Jelly Bean with Kies, it bricked the phone by crashing halfway through the process of flashing the phone no matter how many times I tried, and I had to take it to the AT&T service center to be re-flashed back to ICS. Then a new Kies update was released and that one actually managed to flash my phone without crashing during the upgrade process, but it crashes whenever attempting to do anything else with the phone. 

So anyhow, if you're having Kies troubles, they did release a new update around 48 hours ago. Check for updates and update to the new one if you don't have it. And then once you manage to flash your phone to Jelly Bean with Kies, uninstall that pile of garbage and install iSyncr WiFi or DoubleTwist WiFi to do actual syncing of content to your phone, because Kies doesn't manage to do anything other than crash, crash, crash, crash, crash.

Oh, my setup: HP Envy 17 with Windows 7. All software programs were closed while using Kies. I got the first Blue Screen of Death with Windows 7 that I've *ever* gotten with Kies the first half dozen times I tried to update my phone to Jelly Bean. Even Open Source programs like VirtualBox have never managed to crash my computer hard like that despite dealing with the hardware on a far more fundamental level than Kies ever will. Like I said, if one of my own teams had designed/implemented Kies....

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I agree that Kies is garbage... I updated Kies removed it , re installed it per their help desk, turned off the antivirus , firewall, One told me the USB Debugging has to be checked on , the next person told me no it has to be off , do a factory reset... Within the hour it was made public that the update was available I tried the update and still nothing.. In fact their answer was well there is something wrong with your phone. In this case AT & T has to get their act together and do the OTA update with these many failures updating.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.