Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Message 35 of 266 (23,220 Views)
Mentor

Re: Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

go to samsung install kies from them on the O.S that you have!

Message 241 of 266 (5,972 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I don't see Keis listed as a download. could this be keis?> Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.v1.5.14.0)

Message 242 of 266 (5,969 Views)
Mentor

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/  The link is there!

Message 243 of 266 (5,967 Views)
Scholar

Thank you!!

Message 244 of 266 (5,963 Views)
Mentor

Also you may or may not have an issue, java must be updated for kies and if running win 7 or you have admin rights "right click kies" run as admin!  that will help you avoid a lot of issues !

Message 245 of 266 (5,962 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: NO JELLYBEAN YET? :(

supastevexd,

Have you seen or heard the news?!

Jellybean update

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 246 of 266 (5,722 Views)
Contributor

Updated mine last night via kies.
Message 247 of 266 (5,868 Views)
Contributor

I have tried to update via Kies. It connects to the phone , show that the update is available, then Kies just closes. I have tried everything including reinstalling the drivers and trying different computers. Can someone help?
Message 248 of 266 (5,478 Views)
Contributor

Tried that too...still cant get it to work
Message 249 of 266 (5,449 Views)
Tutor

Kies is the biggest pile of garbage I've ever encountered. If one of my software development teams had written Kies, I'd fire them all the way from the senior architect all the way down to the very last intern and blackball them to make sure they never got another job in the software industry, ever. Kies makes iTunes look well designed. That's how horrible it is.

The first time I tried updating my phone to Jelly Bean with Kies, it bricked the phone by crashing halfway through the process of flashing the phone no matter how many times I tried, and I had to take it to the AT&T service center to be re-flashed back to ICS. Then a new Kies update was released and that one actually managed to flash my phone without crashing during the upgrade process, but it crashes whenever attempting to do anything else with the phone. 

So anyhow, if you're having Kies troubles, they did release a new update around 48 hours ago. Check for updates and update to the new one if you don't have it. And then once you manage to flash your phone to Jelly Bean with Kies, uninstall that pile of garbage and install iSyncr WiFi or DoubleTwist WiFi to do actual syncing of content to your phone, because Kies doesn't manage to do anything other than crash, crash, crash, crash, crash.

Oh, my setup: HP Envy 17 with Windows 7. All software programs were closed while using Kies. I got the first Blue Screen of Death with Windows 7 that I've *ever* gotten with Kies the first half dozen times I tried to update my phone to Jelly Bean. Even Open Source programs like VirtualBox have never managed to crash my computer hard like that despite dealing with the hardware on a far more fundamental level than Kies ever will. Like I said, if one of my own teams had designed/implemented Kies....

Message 250 of 266 (5,379 Views)
Tutor

I agree that Kies is garbage... I updated Kies removed it , re installed it per their help desk, turned off the antivirus , firewall, One told me the USB Debugging has to be checked on , the next person told me no it has to be off , do a factory reset... Within the hour it was made public that the update was available I tried the update and still nothing.. In fact their answer was well there is something wrong with your phone. In this case AT & T has to get their act together and do the OTA update with these many failures updating.

Message 251 of 266 (5,250 Views)
Tutor

Got my s3 a few days ago, got home, installed Kies, updated to Jelly Bean in about 10 minutes seamlessly.  No problems on Windows 7.

Message 252 of 266 (5,241 Views)
Tutor

Have you not seen how many people are having issues with the upgrade? AT & T needs to give us an OTA update..
Message 253 of 266 (5,070 Views)
Teacher

I second elnino21's post...I'm one of those having issues.  ICS was rock solid.  JB has been unstable...random reboots with occasional lock ups where nothing is responsive....where I have to hold down the power button until it restarts.  Honestly, the few new JB features are not worth the issues.

Message 254 of 266 (4,955 Views)
Mentor

enews75 wrote:
I have tried to update via Kies. It connects to the phone , show that the update is available, then Kies just closes. I have tried everything including reinstalling the drivers and trying different computers. Can someone help?

Make sure you have the right settings checked. I believe you need to have USB debugging checked. Also when you connect there's two options to connect to your computer. Make sure you don't have the camera one checked. 

Message 255 of 266 (4,925 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.