Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Message 35 of 266 (23,339 Views)
Scholar

Re: Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

WV-mg11 wrote:
What randun really??

Not sure how to interpret your question but by now, I think that you've updated to JB, huh? Smiley Wink

Message 226 of 266 (4,725 Views)
Tutor

I had a problem with my (older) version of Keis. The update and patch of Keis took forever, then i reconnected my device and all was well. The drivers were automatically updated for the device as part of the Keis update. Everything went well and 4.1.1 is rockin now! Thanks ATT for (finally) pushing the update
Message 227 of 266 (4,646 Views)
Scholar

kurtworc wrote:
I had a problem with my (older) version of Keis. The update and patch of Keis took forever, then i reconnected my device and all was well. The drivers were automatically updated for the device as part of the Keis update. Everything went well and 4.1.1 is rockin now! Thanks ATT for (finally) pushing the update

Glad you're up & running! However, you made one major 'guffaw' (if you wil!). AT&T had absolutely nothing to do with this update. It was pushed out by Samsung & AT&T didn''t have a clue that it had been released!
Message 228 of 266 (4,636 Views)
Guru

randun wrote:
Glad you're up & running! However, you made one major 'guffaw' (if you wil!). AT&T had absolutely nothing to do with this update. It was pushed out by Samsung & AT&T didn''t have a clue that it had been released!

I wonder if this was the result of Samsung getting fed up with AT&T delaying the update?

Message 229 of 266 (4,603 Views)
Teacher

I took the advice above and updated via XP with no problems. I will say, wifi range (and wifi direct) are a lot better now and it's nice to get driving mode in notifications too. Well done Samsung. Not so much ATT. I just wonder how many users will never upgrade because they won't know about it...
Message 230 of 266 (4,569 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: So where the heck is Jellybean??

This update was pushed thru by Samsung, at&t is trying to claim they had a part in it the reality is such. as noted on the internet this morning Samsung decided that too many people were running older versions of android and this after directly contacting the carriers. so globally they are pushing updates thru Kies! at&t still working on thier update "comming soon" you will notice a lot of bloat isnt working and or not updated!
Message 231 of 266 (3,859 Views)
Voyager

Kies keeps crashing on me. I have the latest version on Windows 7. Keep getting the ordinal 7426 & 8452 errors. HELP!!!
Message 232 of 266 (4,490 Views)
Mentor

I ended up having to install mine on a desktop PC. You could try that? Or call Samsung and get help from them.
Message 233 of 266 (4,486 Views)
Mentor

Just noticed that 4.1.1 removed the Mobile Data button on the top of the global swipe-down menu and replaced it with Driving Mode. What the heck is that even for? Now I'm stuck with Mobile Data turned off forever!

Message 234 of 266 (4,449 Views)
Mentor

@Ark42 - If you go into Settings and under "Wireless and network" click "More Settings" then click "mobile networks" then check the top box. Click my thumbs up if it helps please
Message 235 of 266 (4,445 Views)
Mentor

Yeah, that seems to work, but really? 1 button I use ALL THE TIME is replaced with *five* steps? Why?

Message 236 of 266 (4,442 Views)
Teacher

kc1174 wrote:
I took the advice above and updated via XP with no problems. I will say, wifi range (and wifi direct) are a lot better now and it's nice to get driving mode in notifications too. Well done Samsung. Not so much ATT. I just wonder how many users will never upgrade because they won't know about it...

Glad yours is working for you. But mine broke the LTE data speeds. My LTE-equipped GS3 is nothing faster than a old 3G phone now.

Thanks, Samsung. Really appreciate turning my LTE GS3 into a 3 year old phone.

Message 237 of 266 (4,441 Views)

So after working out bugs with kies i was able to update to 4.1.1 but now after its done Google Maps no longer works and crashes if i try to open it.  Any suggestions?  Really don't want to have to wipe this again.

Message 238 of 266 (4,198 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

AS randun pointed out this had nothing to do with at&t! hence the 3 threads on it before a mod cam ein and said hay new update!

They had no clue Samsung will probably shove out 4.1.2 also seeing as at&t blocked the nfc share tag many features on this phone have been nerfed!

after this update you will notice that a few bloatware apps has vanished ! that should be a clue as to what at&t didnt know about this push.

My wife tests a lot of phones "cant tell you who she works for" but samsung and htc are getting fed up with the way carriers are disabling KEY features of their devices!

4.1.2 Would reenable the nfc share option in your gallery!

and data toggle!

Message 239 of 266 (4,018 Views)
Scholar

How or where do I get and Install Keis on my computer?I

Message 240 of 266 (4,030 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.