The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Per the Samsung site, 4.1.1 will not be OTA. Update will only be via Kies. There's a notice on the main support page for the 747. Here's the issue I have with that news - Kies has never worked for me, on my MacBook or my Win 7 PC - and I've never bothered with it because I've never had to use it. Wonderful.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Upgrade done. Very nice and smooth new OS. Love Google Now.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Finally managed to get my phone updated by abandoning Windows 7 and going to Windows XP. Before the update I had no data network problems. Now, however, there's nothing but data network issues. I'm not using the phone until there is a resolve to this data issue.

By the way, as is my custom, I did a complete wipe after update. Started fresh.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@WV-mg11 wrote:
What randun really??

Not sure how to interpret your question but by now, I think that you've updated to JB, huh? Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I had a problem with my (older) version of Keis. The update and patch of Keis took forever, then i reconnected my device and all was well. The drivers were automatically updated for the device as part of the Keis update. Everything went well and 4.1.1 is rockin now! Thanks ATT for (finally) pushing the update

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@kurtworc wrote:
I had a problem with my (older) version of Keis. The update and patch of Keis took forever, then i reconnected my device and all was well. The drivers were automatically updated for the device as part of the Keis update. Everything went well and 4.1.1 is rockin now! Thanks ATT for (finally) pushing the update

Glad you're up & running! However, you made one major 'guffaw' (if you wil!). AT&T had absolutely nothing to do with this update. It was pushed out by Samsung & AT&T didn''t have a clue that it had been released!

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@randun wrote:
Glad you're up & running! However, you made one major 'guffaw' (if you wil!). AT&T had absolutely nothing to do with this update. It was pushed out by Samsung & AT&T didn''t have a clue that it had been released!

I wonder if this was the result of Samsung getting fed up with AT&T delaying the update?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I took the advice above and updated via XP with no problems. I will say, wifi range (and wifi direct) are a lot better now and it's nice to get driving mode in notifications too. Well done Samsung. Not so much ATT. I just wonder how many users will never upgrade because they won't know about it...

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

This update was pushed thru by Samsung, at&t is trying to claim they had a part in it the reality is such. as noted on the internet this morning Samsung decided that too many people were running older versions of android and this after directly contacting the carriers. so globally they are pushing updates thru Kies! at&t still working on thier update "comming soon" you will notice a lot of bloat isnt working and or not updated!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.