For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Actually Sprint went almost bankrupt over being an iPhone carrier, it did pay off compared to the other top 4 carriers. SoftBank of course came in and rescued, one of the operators of the most advanced wireless networks in the world covering Japan. So this theory is bunk. AT&T is waiting on ISIS NFC tap banking software to wrap up, it's partners including Verizon are also waiting. This is why google wallet doesn't work for carrier devices...they want a chunk of that transaction and it happens to be the ISIS software that involves the largest financial institutions to work with companies like Verizon, AT&T, and even T-Mobile(yes, they have released an update...but think about how it relies on android devices and the update is known as version 1). T-mobile released ASAP probably realizing ISIS would have cost them more customers.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

It simply amazes me that so many of you are so well informed on current mobile technologies. I wish you guys worked at AT&T and I could speak to educated individuals like yourselves each time. You guys know more than the freakin workers inside these companies. I see that as a serious problem. But, I'm sure there are well informed call center reps who do know this stuff but they are working for the devil and have to ensure that their call times don't exceed a certain threshold or their ***hole supervisors will be up their ***es . That is a major pit fall that I'm sure AT&T has due to their horrible customer service ratings. I actually managed a call center environment for two tears straight for a cable company and I would sit in meetings emphasizing the importance of getting the phone operators in at least once a week technical training courses, but the up and ups decided that instead they would build a heavier knowledge database for the operators to have access to more answers to more questions that most callers would never have. The result ? Higher hold times and the call reps sounding clueless because their upper management couldn't supply them with the critical tools needed. FYI - those supervisors that you ask to speak to when you are frustrated are typically previous first tier reps themselves who now think they are the cream of the crop and spend their days berating the first tier reps for stuff they used to pull for the years they were in their shoes. 

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

If anyone has a Twitter account, I would start blowing up ATT account. I've been told this rep handles the JB questions. @ATTTeamMikeT

But why not blow up this one also? @ATTCustomerCare

I messaged @ATTTeamMikeT about the update and he responded in saying he can't help me because I wasn't following him. So I hit the follow button and his response....think crickets in a large forest. Smiley Very Happy

Start some commotion and get ATT attention. It's obvious they don't care about their customers.

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

@ikjadoon - AT&T and Samsung announced the Infuse would get GB in July of 2011. There was a steady stream of "leaks", but no update. Seven months later, in February of 2012, some were able to update, but with great difficulty. Samsung and AT&T pointed fingers at each other....customers beyond frustrated. It wasn't until 8 months after the announced update that most Infuse owners were finally able to get the update. So yes - over 30 days from now is realistic. And honestly, I don't know the reliability of the above source.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

The latest information, posted on the other forum to which I've frequently referred here, suggests that the update will be released in either "3-4 weeks" or "1st week of January 2013". This is based on online chats and phone conversations that a couple of forum members had with both AT&T and Samsung.

If there's any truth to this, and I'm taking this info it with a grain of salt, the GS3 will be the first and the last AT&T-branded device I ever purchase. If AT&T doesn't respect its customers enough, I'll vote with my wallet. Sprint, T-Mobile, and our neighbors to the North (whose GS3 variant is nearly identical to ours) have already released or are in the process of releasing Jellybean to their GS3s. Way to go, AT&T! ::slow clap::

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I think it would be great if our beloved Service provider would post information like this:

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

I've seen that update list before but can't remember the source. Please post the source unless I missed it. Thanks.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@randun wrote:
I've seen that update list before but can't remember the source. Please post the source unless I missed it. Thanks.

Based on the GS3 model on that list, it's from one of the Canadian carriers, most likely Rogers.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Yes it is from Rogers. I wasn't trying to imply that we had an update. If you read the message you wold see that I was only hoping our carrier (AT&T) would be nice enough to do that informational update.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Whoa! I was simply asking for the source of the table you posted, nothing more. Chill...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.