The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@bob175 wrote:
They are skiping 4.1 ive called them and confirmed this many times now and I have spoken with higher ups and they say the same

I decided to respond only to inform you that I know for a definitive fact, regardless of you having "spoken with higher ups", that no one at AT&T is allowed to release any information other than what I pointed out in my last post. If the update indeed turns out to be 4.2, it will not be based on any conversations that you've had with AT&T employees. It will simply be attributed to the 'luck of the draw' per se. Signing off...

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I just got off the phone with AT&T and Samsung nd the were pointing the finger at each other. I wonder why?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

this is all AT&Ts fault.if it were up to Samsung they would already have jelly bean on their current flagship device. Why wouldn't they want their flagship phone operating as fast as possible. AT&T on the other hand could care less because the s3 is not their flagship device.so anyway, here we are now at the end of the month and no jelly bean.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

ATT is pointing the finger at Samsung is a joke. They're trying to deflect the responsibility and that's sad. Don't fall for it. Samsung has given JB to ATT a while ago.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@randun wrote:

@kgbkny wrote:

@raik wrote:

ATT rep said they will release 4.2 and skip 4.1......feeling like when 4.2 come out they will say sorry we skip 4.2 too and go 5.0 instead........and if we root and install custom rom we might brick the phone thus kicking the phone off the warranty list if we don't know what we doing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┴┴∀

AT&T is not skipping 4.1. The reps were misinformed by an improperly worded press release. I am planning on rooting my phone and installing a custom ROM this weekend. I've had it with AT&T's dillydallying.

Nice to see you are visiting these forums. Did I miss something over on our forum because I thought that the concensus was that whatever any rep tells a user can't be validated due to so many conflicting responses? I saiid that I was staying low, & plan still plan to, until JB is released in whatever version it may be. Your response about 4.2 simply caught my eye as no one, & I mean no one, within the AT&T organization is allowed to release any other information other than the familiar "coming in the near future..." Oh well, just my 2 cents... 

Correct. The statement regarding the 4.1 update comes directly from AT&T's support page for Galaxy S3 (I believe you linked to it on the other forum). I'll take printed information over anything a rep says.

On a side note, the secrecy surrounding this update is comical. I am extremely surprised that there hasn't been a leak - you'd think that they have access codes to Fort Knox embedded in it!

After this fiasco, I may be done with carrier-branded phones for good.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@kgbkny wrote:

@randun wrote:

@kgbkny wrote:

@raik wrote:

ATT rep said they will release 4.2 and skip 4.1......feeling like when 4.2 come out they will say sorry we skip 4.2 too and go 5.0 instead........and if we root and install custom rom we might brick the phone thus kicking the phone off the warranty list if we don't know what we doing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┴┴∀

AT&T is not skipping 4.1. The reps were misinformed by an improperly worded press release. I am planning on rooting my phone and installing a custom ROM this weekend. I've had it with AT&T's dillydallying.

Nice to see you are visiting these forums. Did I miss something over on our forum because I thought that the concensus was that whatever any rep tells a user can't be validated due to so many conflicting responses? I saiid that I was staying low, & plan still plan to, until JB is released in whatever version it may be. Your response about 4.2 simply caught my eye as no one, & I mean no one, within the AT&T organization is allowed to release any other information other than the familiar "coming in the near future..." Oh well, just my 2 cents... 

Correct. The statement regarding the 4.1 update comes directly from AT&T's support page for Galaxy S3 (I believe you linked to it on the other forum). I'll take printed information over anything a rep says.

On a side note, the secrecy surrounding this update is comical. I am extremely surprised that there hasn't been a leak - you'd think that they have access codes to Fort Knox embedded in it!

After this fiasco, I may be done with carrier-branded phones for good.

This is the way to go for people who care about updates.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Is it normal for official AT&T reps to not respond to issues in these forums?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@LIQUIDLEVEL wrote:

Is it normal for official AT&T reps to not respond to issues in these forums?

Yes, for OS version updates.  Jamileh has already responded with the only information that they are allowed to say at this point.  Generally, AT&T (or any carrier) doesn't announce an update until it has started to roll out to the affected devices.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, for OS version updates.  Jamileh has already responded with the only information that they are allowed to say at this point.  Generally, AT&T (or any carrier) doesn't announce an update until it has started to roll out to the affected devices.

That's why I take my business to Google and the Nexus 4.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

So I talked to both AT&T today and Samsung and this is what happened:

I sent AT&T (in a chat) the link https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB415621&cv=820&_requestid=600032#fbid=5CpQAg31ukr and said that my phone was not the baseband that it says it should be on the site. After trying things (like taking out the battery and going to some AT&T website on my phone w/ WiFi turned off), we weren't able to get it updated.  She said that since we couldn't get it OTA that I'd have to contact Samsung.  She also said that the only information she has regarding Jelly Bean is what the website says that I quoted above.

I contaced Samsung and sent them the same link and he said that the notifications for the update are being pushed to phones as a text AT RANDOM and there is no way of knowing when it will hit your phone. 

I have a word document of the transcript of the Samsung chat if anyone would like it.

Hope this helps clear the air. Basically we just have to wait if you don't wanna root.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.