The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

@LIQUIDLEVEL, Yes that is the way I was referring to when trying to check for updates. I hadn't done it for soo long, because when I had my Captivate I would always just install custom roms, that I had forgotten how.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

I was on another forum and a person who spoke to different AT&T reps said they were gonna rather push out 4.2 instead. I am not sure if this is 100% gonna happen, but thats what AT&T reps said according to that poster.

AT&T reps said they already have it and are working on it now to make sure there are no issues with it

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

I agree! AT&T needs to start keeping its customers in the Loop as to whats going on...maybe then will their customer service rating go up. I just want to know why its delaying, and Public announcement would be nyce!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

From an operational cost stand point, it would be cost effective to release the most current version available.

Funny ... still no offical AT&T response on this forum that has had over 10,000 views already with 116 replies....

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@smooth4lyfe wrote:

I was on another forum and a person who spoke to different AT&T reps said they were gonna rather push out 4.2 instead. I am not sure if this is 100% gonna happen, but thats what AT&T reps said according to that poster.

AT&T reps said they already have it and are working on it now to make sure there are no issues with it

I know what forum you're referring to. AT&T reps made a mistake. 4.2 is not being pushed out any time soon. The thread on that forum has been updated.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@smooth4lyfe wrote:
I agree! AT&T needs to start keeping its customers in the Loop as to whats going on...maybe then will their customer service rating go up. I just want to know why its delaying, and Public announcement would be nyce!

Here's a link to the software updates section on AT&T's own site. They state that the 4.1 update is available and will be released to us in the "very near future". What "very near future" means, we can only guess.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB415621#fbid=tCJXECHmAJB

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Well Liquid, At&t did win the award for worst customer satisfaction. So really, no official word is pretty much on par for At&t. One would think, that after winning the esteemed worst consumer satisfaction award for the past few years, that they would try to clean their image up. But in reality this just shows where At&T's priorities are, or this case aren't.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Soren216 wrote:

Is anyone thinking that maybe AT&T and Verizon are holding out on the jellybean update so they can say that the iPhone 5 is better? Both AT&T and Verizon have special iPhone plans that put more money in their pockets per person, so that was something I think they may be doing. If they upgraded the S3, it would be by far the best phone on their networks, but if they dont update it then they could say the iPhone has a newer operating system and is therefore better. Just throwing my two cents in.

I still say that this doesn't make sense.  If someone thinks that the Galaxy S III is a better phone than the iPhone with Jellybean on it, they will realize that the Galaxy S III would be better than an iPhone even if it were running Gingerbread.  The customer that can be swayed from one phone to the other probably doesn't know or care about OS versions.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Money is the biggest motivator here. The Only way ATT is ever going to consider the customer is if a lot of customers start leaving in droves. If all of us unhappy customers reached the end of our contract and told ATT I'm leaving, bye and they start to see a lot of people leave. They'll change. But at the moment there's no reason for them to do anything about it. They're too busy getting rich and fat.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I called att they said 4.1 and are just gonna go straight to 4.2 also they said that it would come out in the middle of december

[word filter avoidance]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.