The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@LIQUIDLEVEL wrote:

I think that it's pretty odd how many of us received different answers from AT&T reps in regards to both the version number and release date. This just really ticks me off because we all know that at the very least the developers at AT&T know what the deal is and this clearly states AT&T doesn't care about the end user at all. does AT&T ever respond to these posts? If so, will I get some half ***** response like the one from the other rep saying AT&T is aware? Really? 

I've posted a while back (either on this thread or one of the other JB threads) that AT&T has already sold us the phone and locked most of us into a two year contract. I got the phone the week it came out, so I still have about 20 months left on my contract. Of course AT&T doesn't care about updating our phones - they already got our money and will continue getting it for at least another 20 months!

Don't ge me wrong, AT&T's service quality has been top notch. I get signal just about everywhere, and LTE is simply incredible. However, I am disgusted with the way they treat their devices. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a flagship device, as well as one of the best selling phones in the world, yet AT&T finds it perfectly acceptable to withold an important update for no reason. It's already been released in most of the world, as well as by T-Mobile and Sprint in the U.S.

Obviously, there are no issues with it.

What's the hold up, AT&T???

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

At&t rated worst in customer satisfaction again by Consumer Reports. Is anyone even surprised by this...

http://m.gizmodo.com/5964175/att-is-the-worst-carrier-again-says-consumer-reports

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

[I posted the following on XDA as well.]

This new note is now appearing on AT&T's Wireless Support section (https://www.att.com/esupport/article...id=f_Z83wxKcS0).

Advisory:

The Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS update for Samsung Galaxy III is available from Android, and AT&T will have the update available for our customers in the very near future.  The currently available software update provides device improvements and ISIS certification, and can be downloaded over Wi-Fi.

Probably nothing but today is the first time that I've seen them mention Jelly Bean here.

Also probably nothing as well, but I noticed this morning when selecting Settings > About Device > Software Update > Check for updates no longer has the 24-hour restriction set prior to checking for new updates again. Now, it's down to less than an hour or even ~45 minutes. Something on the horizon...?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

My phone still has the 24hr restriction. There's a way to bypass it, I use to do it with my Captivate all the time, but I can't recall how at the moment.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Change the date and time ahead 24 hours and you can check for updates again.

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

You think this is going to be released today?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I heard the jellybean update is being held back because of Apple and the Iphone 5 sales

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just checked and my phone says 24 hours still

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I was informed that if you goto APP MANAGER - ALL PROGRAMS - FIND ATT SOFTWARE UPDATE - CLEAR DATA - that this will allow you to check for updates again without waiting 24 hours

I don't know if this could cause other harm though....

Professor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

The ATT site just coming soon. So give it a little time. It wont change the world, but it will be nice to have.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.