Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Message 35 of 266 (23,198 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update - When to Expect?

okay guys lets be real.. When they announced the ICS update for the S2 Skyrocket last November 2011 it did not came out till July. and AT&T known for delaying updates. The fact that they probably want more sales in there new phone such as the HTC one X plus, Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Espress, Xperia TL, Lumia 920 and the iPhone 5. Ive came in to this conclusion because if you go to shop phones you will find the S3 in the bottom of the list. 

Message 106 of 266 (8,899 Views)
Teacher

Re: Where is Jelly Bean?

Oh, the copy and paste problem. Don't even get me started with that. Although, that is more on Samsung than AT&T. It is a joke though how thousands have complained about the copy and paste malfunctioning and yet the only answer is to perform a factory reset.

I have to hand it to Apple for laying out a fairly stable OS.

Anyway, getting back to my original point: AT&T WHAT IS THE DEAL? HELLOOOOOO???????????????

Message 107 of 266 (8,430 Views)
Former Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey all...

We are aware that a Jellybean update for Samsung Galaxy III is available from Android and AT&T will have the update available for our customers in the very near future.

I can't speculate on dates but as soon as I have more info to share, I will update this thread. Thanks for your patience. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 108 of 266 (8,775 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

In the very near future you can travel to the moon for your vacation. Sorry but an announcement with "in the very near future" basically means "we are incompetent to manage anything in time and have no idea when we get the job done".

As I said, last phone that I got from AT&T and I'm out of contract soon.

Message 109 of 266 (8,767 Views)
Voyager

Re: Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Interesting.... On Samsung's page for the ATT Galaxy SIII it shows that it ships with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).   ATT site still shows ICS.    Which is right?  And if new SIII are shipping with 4.1..... where is the OTA update for current phones?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-I747MBBATT

Message 110 of 266 (8,743 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Thank you Jamileh for the feedback, we are excited to get this update. Many of us understand that with a large network and such a large user base there is a great deal of work that needs be done to make sure the update is stable and will not cause additional problems for the users. In that spirit is it possible to volunteer to be one of the beta testers?

Message 111 of 266 (8,728 Views)
Scholar

I'd like to volunteer as a beta tester!!

More bars in more places.

Message 112 of 266 (8,695 Views)
Scholar

Re: Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

jrdavis1965 wrote:

Interesting.... On Samsung's page for the ATT Galaxy SIII it shows that it ships with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).   ATT site still shows ICS.    Which is right?  And if new SIII are shipping with 4.1..... where is the OTA update for current phones?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-I747MBBATT

To clarify per Samsung correspondence to me, please see the following:

"Currently, this mobile device is operating on Android™ version 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (I747UCLI5 / I747UCLH9). This update (I747UCALI5 10/11/2012) was applied to newly produced devices. Existing customers will receive these updates during the next scheduled OTA from AT&T."

This particular update was confirmed on XDA to be a leaked version of a non-JB update. As for what Samsung is advertising, I'm pretty confident that if you visited your local AT&T store & purchased a new GS3, it wouldn't have 4.1 instaled on it.

Message 113 of 266 (8,688 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

It doesn't matter if one customer or a million are using the phone, the only issue is their freak'in bloodware that the put on every phone and that they care about you once you are under contract.

[word filter avoidance]

Message 114 of 266 (8,678 Views)
Scholar

Good lord I guess I don't have enough post to quote one... good grief...

why would they only care about their bloatware? that's popiecock!

More bars in more places!

Message 115 of 266 (11,250 Views)
Teacher

Very simple to answer because they make money if that applications.
Message 116 of 266 (11,244 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

regnator wrote:

Many of us understand that with a large network and such a large user base there is a great deal of work that needs be done to make sure the update is stable and will not cause additional problems for the users.

With all due respect, if this is how AT&T feels, it's a cop-out. Google has no problems pushing out Android updates to their Nexus phones. I've run one on both AT&T and T-Mobile and haven't had any stability issues or encountered any problems. Samsung has already pushed out Jellybean to the unlocked GS3 phones (not to mention scores of carrier versions all over the world), which operated just fine.

It has nothing to do with stability or perceived problems. AT&T doesn't care about issuing timely updates, and that's all there is to it. Also, if "very near future" is anything like "update coming soon" in the original Galaxy S days, it could be anything from several weeks to several months.

Message 117 of 266 (11,244 Views)
Scholar

They make mony by installing them on the phone?

Message 118 of 266 (12,286 Views)
Scholar

Thanks, jamileh, for replying! Smiley Very Happy

Can you peek inside your source if they can let us know if they've been working on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 or Android Jelly Bean 4.1? The @ATTCustomerCares Twitter handle said 4.2 and I want to make sure that was not a typo. Smiley Happy

Thanks, Smiley Happy

~Ibrahim~

Message 119 of 266 (12,281 Views)
Scholar

ikjadoon wrote:

Thanks, jamileh, for replying! Smiley Very Happy

Can you peek inside your source if they can let us know if they've been working on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 or Android Jelly Bean 4.1? The @ATTCustomerCares Twitter handle said 4.2 and I want to make sure that was not a typo. Smiley Happy

Thanks, Smiley Happy

~Ibrahim~

The update will be 4.2 per AT&T.

Message 120 of 266 (12,194 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.