Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Message 35 of 266 (23,180 Views)
Mentor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update - When to Expect?

It can't be too far off. Sprint and T-Mobile have it now.  Since the update is available thru Kies (and maybe OTA on ATT) you have to give time for people to download the JB update for Sprint and T-Mobile. Samsung does not want everyone downloading all at once (I am assuming that Kies is connecting to Samsung servers and not ATT). They also don't want to overload their customer service reps. That is they need a few weeks to have T-Mobile/Sprint users to finish.

I would imagine JB for ATT would be available in the next few weeks. They will release it, just a matter of time.

Message 46 of 266 (21,048 Views)
Mentor

I think the problem is more that att simply does not care, they probably have a just out of school intern working on the updates. apple has no problem releasing ios updates to all iphones at once through i-tunes so i doubt thats an issue , the problem is at&t, thats why you will never get any official answers from any employees here.

Message 47 of 266 (19,998 Views)
Guru

chrisayrer wrote:

the problem is at&t, thats why you will never get any official answers from any employees here.

You are 100% correct. Samsung has already provided the update to AT&T, who is delaying it under the guise of "testing to ensure compatibility". Samsung is not to blame in the situation - this is all on AT&T.

Message 48 of 266 (19,856 Views)
Teacher

Yeah this is getting insane. how many times have we heard it is coming out this week? they have had more than enough time to get it out. T mobile has it out for the love of God. I hate at&t, they just don't care. If we were paying $5 to update you better believe it would have been out long ago. I wish iI had a note 2,and a carrier that was not incompetent. you suck at&t!
Message 49 of 266 (19,850 Views)
Teacher

Re: Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

I'm beginning to get worried that after this 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 update, whatever is taking so long, we won't get another update. they have done it so many times before. updating a phone once and then they are done. I have lost all hope in at&t regarding their updates. The s3 is still the most popular phone on the market. You suck at&t. should have waited for a Note 2.
Message 50 of 266 (13,854 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

You r correct. I'm embarrassed that att is dragging their feet while the smaller companies have it out already. Since its free they gonna take their sweet time but If they would charge for it we wouldve have it already. So whitnasty I second that.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 51 of 266 (18,245 Views)

They are working on perfecting AT&T Navigator, AT&T Radio, and other such useful apps that everybody wants. T-Mo and Verizon users don't get these handy and essential features, of course they will release the updates earlier.
If you are somehow able to live without AT&T Navigator etc, you can go to xda and get the updates early. But you will have to root your phone and void the warranty.
Message 52 of 266 (13,589 Views)

Don't hold your breath. Last I heard it would be in 2013. But is JB so much better than ICS anyway? I like ICS.
Message 53 of 266 (17,984 Views)
Teacher

it is an upgrade from ICS. The point is we paid top dollar for the best phone out. and it still is, and we assumed we would be getting timely updates to keep up. Now t mobile is ahead of us. at&t fire your OS update team. If you have one.
Message 54 of 266 (15,290 Views)
Scholar

Based on information received from an anonymous source, I found that AT&T's GS3 Jelly Bean User Trials began in May & that they should be nearing the final stages of testing soon!

Based on this information, it appears that AT&T actually started testing long ago, even before the Jelly Bean announcement at Google's I/O last June 27th. Sooo, why does Sprint & T-Mobile have the update, but AT&T doesn't? $60K question I suppose... Smiley Frustrated

Message 55 of 266 (15,277 Views)
Scholar

Samsung Galaxy S3 to Be Released on Cricket on November 23

Yet another provider ahead of AT&T courtesy of the Eastern Morning Herald (http://easternmorningherald.com/sams...er-23/1222309/). It's quite plausible since Cricket uploaded several SGS III videos on their website Friday ( http://www.mycricket.com/community/v...g-Galaxy-S-III)

Message 56 of 266 (15,235 Views)
Scholar

A couple of tidbits for everyone...

1. Based on information received from an anonymous source, I found that AT&T's GS3 Jelly Bean User Trials began in May & that they should be nearing the final stages of testing soon!   Based on this information, it appears that AT&T actually started testing long ago, even before the Jelly Bean announcement at Google's I/O last June 27th. Sooo, why does Sprint & T-Mobile have the update, but AT&T doesn't? $60K question I suppose... Smiley Frustrated

2. Samsung Galaxy S3 to Be Released on Cricket on November 23

Yet another provider ahead of AT&T courtesy of the Eastern Morning Herald (http://easternmorningherald.com/sams...er-23/1222309/). It's quite plausible since Cricket uploaded several SGS III videos on their website Friday ( http://www.mycricket.com/community/v...g-Galaxy-S-III).

Message 57 of 266 (10,887 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

randun wrote:

A couple of tidbits for everyone...

1. Based on information received from an anonymous source, I found that AT&T's GS3 Jelly Bean User Trials began in May & that they should be nearing the final stages of testing soon!   Based on this information, it appears that AT&T actually started testing long ago, even before the Jelly Bean announcement at Google's I/O last June 27th. Sooo, why does Sprint & T-Mobile have the update, but AT&T doesn't? $60K question I suppose... Smiley Frustrated

2. Samsung Galaxy S3 to Be Released on Cricket on November 23

Yet another provider ahead of AT&T courtesy of the Eastern Morning Herald (http://easternmorningherald.com/sams...er-23/1222309/). It's quite plausible since Cricket uploaded several SGS III videos on their website Friday ( http://www.mycricket.com/community/v...g-Galaxy-S-III).

As I've posted on XDA, since AT&T's Jellybean update for the GS3 is not even in the final stages yet, it's quite plausible that it won't receive an official rollout until 2013. One way or the next, I'm rooting and ROMing if the update doesn't come out by November 30. I have no idea what can possibly be taking six months(!!!!!!) to test.

With regards to Cricket, their version of the GS3 will be released with ICS. They aren't really ahead of AT&T in that aspect.

Message 58 of 266 (10,831 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I smell the update wont be here until early 2013 since holiday season is coming up and all AT&T care is selling their phones as much as possible and could careless about rolling out update for droids

Rooting your galaxy s3 (or any android) is the only way to go to get latest stuff. AT&T simply doesn't care about releasing update on time for android flagship phones......This is why i wish all android manufactures just stop letting phone carrier in charge of releasing update. Look how fast apple release their update without going through phone carrier craps

Message 59 of 266 (10,777 Views)
Contributor

Began user testing in May? On GS3? That was before the phone was even released! Your info must be completely dreamed up by someone.
Message 60 of 266 (14,959 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.