The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@fp4lc4pon3 wrote:

Yup complete crap. Jellybean has been out for awhile now and almost every carrier has it on there GS3 but not AT&T. Get on the ball AT&T

Actually, only Sprint and T-Mobile versions of the GS3 have received Jellybean. With that being said, there is absolutely no excuse for the two largest carriers in the U.S. to delay the update.

As much as it pains me to say it, software update delays are stark reality that comes with getting a carrier-branded phone.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@cheddarnut wrote:

Yah, I don't think I really care, but it sucks to be behind. I really thought with the gs3 twere had turned a corner. Don't they realize that it's the updates and new tweaks that keep us interested? It's like getting a sweet Porsche 911 and putting Kia wheels on it. I'll shop around when my contract is up.

Here's what we all need to realize: whenever we purchase a carrier-branded Android phone, there will ALWAYS be OS update delays. I've finally decided to sell my Galaxy Nexus, but I have a Nexus 10 on the way, which will enable me to enjoy the latest updates directly from Google. However, that still doesn't make me feel better about the GS3 update delay. There is simply no excuse for carriers holding back updates to flagship phones.

As far as shopping around is concerned, quality service outweighs timely OS updates, at least in my case. I'm a former T-Mobile customer, and their data service was absolutely horrible in my area. I live in NYC, so there is really no excuse for 0.5 Mbps downstream speeds in a supposedly 4G area of a major metropolis. Sprint is horrible as well. AT&T may be slow to update, but I really can't complain about their service.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

When do we expect Att to release the updates for Samsung Galaxy S3.. 

Any insiders pl you are most than welcome to respond.. Let us know the reason for the holdup...

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

whenever they ready I guess, at&t have history of horrible android update for samsung flag ship phone. I'm already rooted my S3 and load it with the black JB and it been working nice. Waiting for AT&T will be just a watse of time, and even if they release it, it will have full of their bloatwares that will eat your data usage away if you not watching them closely

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

It can't be too far off. Sprint and T-Mobile have it now.  Since the update is available thru Kies (and maybe OTA on ATT) you have to give time for people to download the JB update for Sprint and T-Mobile. Samsung does not want everyone downloading all at once (I am assuming that Kies is connecting to Samsung servers and not ATT). They also don't want to overload their customer service reps. That is they need a few weeks to have T-Mobile/Sprint users to finish.

I would imagine JB for ATT would be available in the next few weeks. They will release it, just a matter of time.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

I think the problem is more that att simply does not care, they probably have a just out of school intern working on the updates. apple has no problem releasing ios updates to all iphones at once through i-tunes so i doubt thats an issue , the problem is at&t, thats why you will never get any official answers from any employees here.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@chrisayrer wrote:

the problem is at&t, thats why you will never get any official answers from any employees here.

You are 100% correct. Samsung has already provided the update to AT&T, who is delaying it under the guise of "testing to ensure compatibility". Samsung is not to blame in the situation - this is all on AT&T.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah this is getting insane. how many times have we heard it is coming out this week? they have had more than enough time to get it out. T mobile has it out for the love of God. I hate at&t, they just don't care. If we were paying $5 to update you better believe it would have been out long ago. I wish iI had a note 2,and a carrier that was not incompetent. you suck at&t!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I'm beginning to get worried that after this 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 update, whatever is taking so long, we won't get another update. they have done it so many times before. updating a phone once and then they are done. I have lost all hope in at&t regarding their updates. The s3 is still the most popular phone on the market. You suck at&t. should have waited for a Note 2.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

You r correct. I'm embarrassed that att is dragging their feet while the smaller companies have it out already. Since its free they gonna take their sweet time but If they would charge for it we wouldve have it already. So whitnasty I second that.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.