The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hey guys,

Just read that AT&T was delaying the Jelly Bean update till January 2013.  They have already released the update in Europe so its not a code issue.  Not too happy about this since AT&T agreed two years ago at the Google Android conference to not delay these updates anymore. 

Note to AT&T:  If you are worried about crashing the network, ask me to come into a store to do it or force me to use my USB cable and not perform the upgrade OTR.  Delaying this just makes me not want to get my next device from you.  Please value your customers who buy these expensive devices by not sitting on the software updates. 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Updates from AT&T almost always come out later than other regions.  They claim to be taking extra time in "testing".  But whatever the reason, AT&T is notorious for length delays of updates.  Just because Europe is getting it, means nothing for us.

Besides, I believe the European version of the GS3 has completely different hardware, meaning its not remotely the same firmware.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I came from an iphone 5 and the speed of that thing was like lightning! This S3 is no where close to being as quick. Everyone is telling me to wait until jellybean is out and it will be as fast as or even faster than an iphone 5. So when is att releasing it???

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

According to Samsung's recent announcement, the US variants of the S3 will be updated to Jellybean "in the coming months". There's strong speculation in the tech blogosphere that the S3 will not see Jellybean until 2013 in the U.S.

As a rule of thumb, don't ever buy a carrier-branded, manufacturer-skinned phone expecting a speedy update. I've had numerous experiences with such phones (I've been using Android phones since the G1) and purchased the S3 without any expectations for an update, let alone a speedy one. Not only do the carriers stand in the way of timely updates in the U.S., but Samsung is known for being notoriously slow when it comes to updating their phones.

Want quick updates? Get a Nexus phone - stock Android and direct-from-Google updates with no carrier/manufacturer interference. My backup phone is a completely stock, unrooted Galaxy Nexus. It's already running Android 4.1.2.

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

11 years ago

@franco802 wrote:

I came from an iphone 5 and the speed of that thing was like lightning! This S3 is no where close to being as quick. Everyone is telling me to wait until jellybean is out and it will be as fast as or even faster than an iphone 5. So when is att releasing it???

You're coming from a phone that was released one month and 2 days ago?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I totally agree. AT&T should be ashamed of doing this to their customers.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T update policy sucks. Highest prices on the market and worst service 😞

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Sprint had pushed out their Jelly Bean updates to their GS3 customers, hopefully AT&T will be next!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, tired of iphone. Can't play flash player and there is way more I can do with an android phone. I'm not an apple junkie, I just had iphones for quite a while. The iphone 5 /apple is so limited with thier security stuff. I now am able to do work through my android and check my corporate emails. Love the bigger screen on s3 and lot's of other things. I do miss some things about iphone, but not enough to go back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Flash Player doesn't work in Jelly Bean FYI

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.