The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

You can get a bigger battery for the GSIII. The stock battery is 2100 mAh. I haven't tried anywhere like Batteries Plus to see if they're going to carry them, but you can get a 4600 mAh battery that lasts 2.19 times longer from http://tinyurl.com/bjufcxm. I'll be investing in one, esp for vacation, long trips to dr appt's, etc. I do realize that it's physically larger which is why they include a back cover designed to fit with the better battery. But for those that have the GSIII, if they're anything like me, it's in use more than not & a better, longer lasting battery makes sense. To me anyway. Esp with lte not far away where I am right along I-94 that connects Chicago & Milwaukee.
One last note, after getting to try out lte on our vacation to Orlando in August, I can't see myself choosing NOT to use lte. Disney now offers wifi in the parks & as well as on grounds (resorts) but not only did lte leave it in the dust, but wifi sucked battery like crazy. They'll have to rip my unlimited data plan from my cold dead hands!!! And God forbid, if that day comes, it's adios!
Sorry for WTMI! 😛

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Has anyone here tried the unofficial version of Jellybean that would like to share/comment?

Just curious.....

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@mendomar012 wrote:
And another thing AT&T lte it's completely different than the rest of the world's lte so you can't roam with AT&T lte

That's not entirely accurate. Not only does the overwhelming majority of the world not have LTE at all, but pretty much all carriers who DO have LTE utilize different frequencies. This is not limited to AT&T.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

The thoughts of LTE being a battery killer are lingering from devices mostly from 2011, the iPhone 5 being an exception to this.  I use a Galaxy Note and a Galaxy S III on AT&T and think that the battery life is fine.  I can easily get through a day of normal use on both of those phones.  I charge overnight anyway, so getting longer than a day is not something that I routinely try to do.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

I have Galaxy Nexus that I kept after switching to the S3, mainly to avoid having to wait several months for OS updates. The phone hasn't seen much use after I got the S3, but I recently brought it along on an overseas vacation. Although the GNex comes with a smaller battery than the S3 (1750 maH vs 2100 maH), it doesn't have LTE capability. The battery would drain after using the phone for a couple of hours, mainly to check e-mail and do Facebook updates. The S3 lasts much longer than the GNex, LTE and all.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

u can get flash player to work on jellybean.

just search for flash player jellybean apk.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

im getting pretty jelouse looking at my firends sprint gs3 with jellybean..

im just about ready to just install a rom because its been for ever...

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

WHY would Google choose to remove the Adobe Flash Player capability with the new Jellybean update?! That's one of the things I loved most about my Android phone... I could even upload pictures straight from my phone to this Forum itself! Can't do that with my iPhone, and now they've decided to take it away?! I thought technology was advancing; it now appears to be regressing...

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

It was Adobe's decision, as they don't want to be in the mobile OS market anymore.  They stopped supporting their Flash Player with the new version of Android.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.