For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ScottyCSS's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 4:51 PM

Galaxy S II - Indicator Light

Greetings,

I just received my new Galaxy S II in the mail yesterday.  The very first thing I said after putting it on charge for the first time was, "oh crappy - the phone is defective....the indicator light is has burned out."  You know...the little amber light that is on when you plug your phone to charge...and will turn green or maybe blue when the charge is complete?

I asked my friend to check his Sprint SGS2 and he said, "Yeah man - the indicator light is in the upper right corner - it is amber when charging and blue when finished."  

So, does this phone not have this simple, common feature or do I need to replace my phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

There is no indicator light.  (The other poster is talking about on-screen notifications.)

Relatively common Samsung quirk.

Former Employee

• 

59 Messages

12 years ago

You have the lightning bolt on the battery to show a charge, and a full battery notification indicator in your notification area when complete. As far as I know that is it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Ahh, bummer.  Well, still a good phone nonetheless.  

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Many if not all Sprint phones have those little notification lights. I'm not sure if they light up when the phone is charging, but AT&T Samsung phones (as well as all the rest) do not have that feature.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.