The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone. What's been happening with it?

Unfortunately, I don't have any info on updates right now. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My phone has been randomly freezing up, the lock screen sometimes cannot be used because the lock pad is all the way up in the right corner. I have been restarting this phone almost everyday this week. 

So you do not have any info on updates for this phone? Or this phone will not get that update? Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I've given up hope for the most part. Every month or two I check back, but obviously it's still not out. Uusually AT&T is the last carrier to update the android phones, and they generally trail 1-3 months behind a major canadian carrier (richards or something like that), and about 3-6 months behind every other US carrier (sprint/tmobile/verizon). 

A leaked JB rom for the I717 has made it's rounds on the internet a few times, but there's indications from AT&T as to whether or not they have canned the project. 

My guess - we'll likely never see a JB update, or if we do it'll be well after our contracts are up and we've moved on.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I bought my original Note on the realease date. First we were supposed to get Jellybean in December 2012....then January 2013...then end of February. Itd already Feb 21st and still nothing. Now i see why At&t users go to other carrier or flash custom roms after thry root their device.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Man i understand wat your talking about all the other phones geting updates im on 4.0.4 and its slow i dont understand wats at&t is doing but when they make a new phone they for get!!!!!! About they old one witch is not right because some people dont need the note 2 its the same phone just more features that we dont need........all i wanna know is if we getin more updates soon

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'd also like to see a Jelly Bean update; a delay this long on a promised update is really hard to swallow. Like, "quit using AT&T altogether when my family's contracts are up and move to another carrier" hard to swallow.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

m with you. hopefully it will be next week, we are the last of the jelly beanless. Its funny, how att will cut your service off for being a minute late on paying them... but will never give use the services we pay for on time... lesser wireless company, that cost way less than att seems to give updates alot faster. But we are the 2 percenters,the few that gives a care about the updates. Why should a big corp. Like att worry with pleasing 2 percent... i bet if i pay 2% less of my bill they will stop my services... i pay att 100% to give me substanderd services, luckily my contracts will be up in a couple months.. and just like me, i hope you all leave them. 2% at a time

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I'm probably going to leave AT&T too. I pay about 35$ more per month for worse service than my brother who is with Verizon. I feel like schmuck paying so much more and getting so much less.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I was trying to find out when we were going to get the Jelly Bean Update.  I also have to restart my Galaxy Note daily.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

I called att yesterday and spoke with a rep and the rep told me of no mention of any update beyond what is out now. She did state it could be like some updates that come through lies unannounced.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.