The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

i wold like to thank everyone for all the help.  i too tried all the custom roms, all were buggy.  the stock upgrade to JB was awful . battery life terrible. wifi problems blue tooth  oy vey.  i got so fed up i sold my note to someone on ebay who understood the issues.  I bought the note 2 which came with JB and is a far superior device.   the battery gets me all the way through the day .  there is no lag and the screen is stunning.  the 2 is slightly thinner and not as wide making it easier to manage.  i hope all get their issues solved I'm leaving for the note 2 forums.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hey,

Just FYI all, I took Nicole K's advice and sent a PM, but its pointless. They just send you a form letter saying it's Samsung's fault and not there's and the blow you of every time you reply. I can't wait until my contract ends to dump this company. Been with them for about 13 years but they don't care...

Rob

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

* the reason the phone runs slow and has bad battery is failure to update properly....remove you sd card and factory reset HARD RESET. Then before you even do the initial setup. UPDATE ...IT LAGS BECAUSE WHEN YOU UPDATE ICE CREAM SANDWITCH Isn't REMOVED ALL THE WAY

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

I have an i717 and have the same issues. I have factory reset my phone both from the o/s and the preboot screen several times with no improvement (with or without SD card). Before Jellybean my device had 16-24 hour battery life with light use (30 minutes or less) and running touchdown for push email.

I use touchdown for paging since I work for a hospital. It is critical I receive my emails 24/7 since I am on call. After Jellybean with not using my phone at all other than touchdown pushing in the background the average battery life is 8-10 hours which is causing chaos for me.

Using battery monitors, bloat + other stuff is causing issues. I disabled all att/samsung bloatware, same issues. It appears with JellyBean there are several o/s tasks that kill the battery. VPN is constantly running 10-20% when signal is low or on wireless (even though no vpn is set, its always on). There are other services as well.

I deeply regret not changing service providers last year 😞  I will be sending the private message to ATT today so I can be let down like the other users. My wife and I most likely will be changing providers this fall if issues are not resolved in a "we actually do care for customers" fashion.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

I am pending 48 hours for a reply, will update my post if a desirable solution is reached. Hopefully ATT helps, as an IT analyst that runs a blog, does online reviews, works at a hospital, teaches others tech support etc word of mouth goes along way. I hope this is resolved soon. Thank you.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

96+ hours no reply *sigh*

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

to thefreebuffet

That's not true..once someone DID the JB update it stays there even with a complete erase and reload.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

to xxjergerxx

Don't expect an answer of any real value from them. AT&T doesn't really care. 

I have two phones with them, once my kid's phone goes out of contract in August I am probably switching to Verizon...since they say they will pay the cancel fee of my other phone.

Verizon customers had issues with JB update too, but Verizon at least tried to help their people.

Honsetly, At&t should be offerring huge discounts to switch to Note 2.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Well I hope they care, its good karma. If they don't care the cost of losing my business over my life time, my family's business and surounding family is about 100x higher than giong out of their way to help keep a customer. Opportunity costs of basic economics so I'm hoping they help.

7% battery after 0 usuage other than push touchdown email on wifi with my screen off in 10 hours is very frustrating. If I missed a page because of this phone it would potentially be brutal. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use the samsung/att product line in a hospital, IT or emergency environment if these types of issues are not resolved.

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Been running BlackStar Blackjelly rom for weeks. No issues multi window is there just a few bugs to work out no other issues rom is fast smooth and you can customize entire rom in great colors..red...blue..or green..AWSOME!! All At&t bloatware removed. The rom is stable and has a great kernel....did I mention its blazing fast 4.1.2
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.