For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Same phone, same problem.........

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I THOUGHT I gave a list of issues on this forum about what's wrong w/ the update, but I guess moderator removed it.

They did send me a PM asking to give a list of issues after update.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I also have the same issues as others reported.

- Draining battery

- Slow response even swipe unlock the phone shows a blank screen for a while. The browser and all the apps requires long time to load up too. not very usable especially you are traveling and need to get info quick.

Due to this battery issue and slow response from the phone, I almost missed the flight while I was traveling.

It's been a while since the upgrades were released, but no fix is released yet. It'd be nice if AT&T could provide free upgrade to Note II for the original Note owners suffering this OS upgrade issues.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi miyukis,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Standard protocol to show like they actually care, but I get they care none but our $$$

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just sent a private message to you guys over the same issues.  When will some one call me.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This is quite frankly a HUGE disappointing turn of events...When the Iphone was upgraded to IOS 5, I had the 3gs & there were no issues with that update even though it was an older model phone..what ATT has done is just classless and disrespectful to me as a customer that purchased this phone and now am stuck with another year and half with this piece of crap.
As far as Samsung goes, the fact that they allow ATT to tinker with their devices so as to screw their brand consumer is also unacceptable.
This is not a problem only affecting me, its a user wide problem. 
I had an issue with this phone since purchase, assumed it was the phone, returned it after haggling back and forth with the sales rep. and it still had the issues I complained about, but I assumed they would be issues that the update that was on the horizon would solve, wrong!
Extremely poor battery life, lagging that literally takes about 6-8 seconds for an app to respond, volume level on calls is horrendous.
I received a response on 5/14/13 from some Chris L from ATT social media manager that someone would get back to  me to discuss this issue....well its June 24th and no one has attempted to contact me.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi redsolocup,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Their service shouldn't surprise you.

I am done with At&t unless they do a DRASTIC turn around before August.

I have 2 lines..the one line runs out of contract in August and Verizon has said they will pay me back the cancellation fee for the other line, but they won't do both, so I have to wait for the one to drop off or I would have been gone already.

I loved my Note until the Jelly Bean update..now it is almost unusable. Battery dies drastically, even when not in use. Google searches take forever as it just spins and spins. Apps take forever to open. Sometimes it takes forever to start ringing when making a call. I could go on and on.

I won't reward At&t for breaking my phone by using the upgrade option in August to get a new phone with THEM. 

If I am going to be forced to get a new phone, I am switching carriers.

Guidelines>

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Its a shame that other users send me private messages to help with there issues and I am not an AT&T employee. Im an average guy who stood in line in the cold on release date of the Note. I looovvve the Note but I do not like how we Note users have been left out in the cold my friends. I have posted information here to help others and it was removed. I did revert back to stock ICS after this horrible so called update. But I go back and forth between ICS and a custom JellyBean that is rooted and has multi window...buggy but developer is wrking on it. I also tried the Canadian version of the JellyBean update..it is soooo much better then American version i kept the att modem but used Canadian update. This will prob be removed as I am only being honest about this issue and that my friends is what ATT does not like...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.