Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

Contributor

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Message 1 of 167 (35,198 Views)

Re:

Thanks!

I hope you have a great answer = a new Android patch!

Have a great weekend.

tdjones2009
Message 136 of 167 (13,197 Views)
Scholar

Re: Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

This will probably be removed..but....I flashed Blackstar Blackjelly rom..all bloat removed and yes...multi window...a lil buggy but its being worked on...rom is still heads above att update
Message 137 of 167 (13,123 Views)

I see quite a few people getting the "we'll get back to you" message from AT&T Support.

I have not received a respomse. Has anyone else received an answer or better, a solution?

Message 138 of 167 (13,022 Views)
Contributor

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />

I got a reply but it seem
much too complicated to respond -- probably what they wanted !!

Message 139 of 167 (13,020 Views)

can you elaborate on their response?
Message 140 of 167 (13,005 Views)
Contributor

Jelly bean is far better and updated version of android.
In case you wanna dig deeper into it's facts, check out this link
i found it really helpful..
Smiley Happy
http://techwikasta.com/2012/08/introducing-jelly-bean/

Message 141 of 167 (12,883 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same phone, same problem.........

Message 142 of 167 (12,807 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I THOUGHT I gave a list of issues on this forum about what's wrong w/ the update, but I guess moderator removed it.

They did send me a PM asking to give a list of issues after update.

Message 143 of 167 (12,657 Views)
Voyager

I also have the same issues as others reported.

- Draining battery

- Slow response even swipe unlock the phone shows a blank screen for a while. The browser and all the apps requires long time to load up too. not very usable especially you are traveling and need to get info quick.

Due to this battery issue and slow response from the phone, I almost missed the flight while I was traveling.

It's been a while since the upgrades were released, but no fix is released yet. It'd be nice if AT&T could provide free upgrade to Note II for the original Note owners suffering this OS upgrade issues.

Message 144 of 167 (12,555 Views)
Community Support

Hi miyukis,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 145 of 167 (12,541 Views)

Standard protocol to show like they actually care, but I get they care none but our $$$
Message 146 of 167 (12,466 Views)
Contributor

I just sent a private message to you guys over the same issues.  When will some one call me.

Message 147 of 167 (12,319 Views)
Voyager

This is quite frankly a HUGE disappointing turn of events...When the Iphone was upgraded to IOS 5, I had the 3gs & there were no issues with that update even though it was an older model phone..what ATT has done is just classless and disrespectful to me as a customer that purchased this phone and now am stuck with another year and half with this piece of crap.
As far as Samsung goes, the fact that they allow ATT to tinker with their devices so as to screw their brand consumer is also unacceptable.
This is not a problem only affecting me, its a user wide problem. 
I had an issue with this phone since purchase, assumed it was the phone, returned it after haggling back and forth with the sales rep. and it still had the issues I complained about, but I assumed they would be issues that the update that was on the horizon would solve, wrong!
Extremely poor battery life, lagging that literally takes about 6-8 seconds for an app to respond, volume level on calls is horrendous.
I received a response on 5/14/13 from some Chris L from ATT social media manager that someone would get back to  me to discuss this issue....well its June 24th and no one has attempted to contact me.
Message 148 of 167 (12,320 Views)
Community Support

Hi redsolocup,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 149 of 167 (12,229 Views)

[ Edited ]

Their service shouldn't surprise you.

I am done with At&t unless they do a DRASTIC turn around before August.

I have 2 lines..the one line runs out of contract in August and Verizon has said they will pay me back the cancellation fee for the other line, but they won't do both, so I have to wait for the one to drop off or I would have been gone already.

I loved my Note until the Jelly Bean update..now it is almost unusable. Battery dies drastically, even when not in use. Google searches take forever as it just spins and spins. Apps take forever to open. Sometimes it takes forever to start ringing when making a call. I could go on and on.

I won't reward At&t for breaking my phone by using the upgrade option in August to get a new phone with THEM. 

If I am going to be forced to get a new phone, I am switching carriers.

<Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines>

Message 150 of 167 (12,226 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.