For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

It's just amazing to me that AT&T has rendered my $300, 1 year old, phone so obselete that it can't even run Google Now. Pathetic.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

I am still holding out for Jelly B. I love my Note and cant see myself using another phone..i have become a slave to the large screen. Hopefully ATT will get it together and pay attention to the great phone that the Note is and not leave us out in the cold.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

April 24 and still no Jelly Bean for the AT&T Galaxy Note. According to Rogers in Canada, the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update is scheduled to arrive in May(no specific timings). Since most of the time Rogers and AT&T release their updates around the same time(like for the galaxy s3 and the Galaxy Note 2), this might give you guys some hope about the Jelly Bean upgrade. But the fact that there is no reply from AT&T about the Jelly Bean update is really getting on my nerve. AT&T, I would advise you to improve you customer service, so that people actually stay on your network after their contract is over.

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

How's this for relevant?

We were told we were getting Jelly Bean and yet now we hear nothing about it, even after repeated pleas for any kind of informtion from AT&T.

Way lesser phones have it and the news of "Express" devices getting it is liking rubbing our noses in it.

AT&T is snubbing us early adopters of flagship hardware that paid top dollar and signed new contracts in good faith.

Yet here we are. No news whatsoever. At least give us early upgrades or something. This situation is pitiful.

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Mandroid....you are very relevant. When i heard much old phones were getting Jelly Bean i felt the same...hey buy this flagship device but we decided not to do updates. I thought Rogers was no longer supporting the Note and had no plans to update..only reason i am asking is because maaz said Rogers is slated for the update in May...Maaz where did you see this info??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I appreciate your tenacity, but if your like me you probably realize that AT & T nor Samsung has any reason to release and update to the original Note. Samsung has taken over 1st place in the smartphone war and Apple has not (nor will it respond) with anything Android users care about. With that said may I suggest that you do like me and QUIT AT&T!!! As soon as my contract is up I'm going to go with a prepaid plan, I have already purchased a new phone and will taking it along with me to either virgin mobile or T mobile, either way I'm done with paying over 175.00 a month to a company that doesn't care about it's customers. That include Samsung as well, if you want to stay with this company for whatever reason I'd suggest switching to HTC where at least they offer the latest android updates. Good luck in your wait...I'm willing to bet anyone $100.00 that jelly bean will NEVER come to the OG Note, any takers respond to this post and I'll pay up via pay pal; that's how confident I am in the fact that YOU WILL NEVER SEE jelly bean on the Galaxy I717

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

Seems like everyone here is complaiing about AT&T.  If Samsung hasent released the update to AT&T how are they supposed to finish it and release it.  I'm guessing it all has to do with the crappy processor samsuck (sorry typo) put in the origional note making it slow and laggy. my wife and daughter's skyrocket runs circles around my note.  Those of us that are fed up with AT&T should examine their choices.  T-Mobile lots of dead spots and throttles your speed down to nothing after a few hundred MB of data use.  You think AT&T customer support is lacking. Verizon is the worst.  Check the menus on verizon phones they are always missing many settings and options.  Then there is Sprint (no comment i dont want to get blocked from this site).  I've noticed everyone trying a custom JB rom (i dont recommend this) complains about a lot of things not working. Maybe JB cant run on our crappy processor. So i sit and wait with the rest of you hoping the update does come and it does have some improvement on the phone.  i'm tired of clicking and waiting  for apps and even my contact list to take 5 seconds to open. Not to mention the overheating and awful battery life which i believe is processor related and no operating system will ever fix.

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I talked to Samsung a few months ago and they said that they had sent ATT the JB code for the note already and it was in their hands.

I believe that ATT is holding back for whatever reason (most likely to include their bloatware) and don't want to let people know what's going on.

I dare ATT to comment on this.  Your customers deserve to know what's going on.  Older phones have already gotten JB and the Note (original) was supposed to be a flagship.

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

I just read on Android Police that Google is working on Jelly Bean 4.3 not Keylime Pie 5.0. This is very frustrating considering we OG Note users havent even got Jelly Bean 4.1. Again we will be behind the curve...well saidYaakovchaim.. I also would like to add that I know alot of people do not like to use custom built roms..but i had to try something as my OG Note was so slow anf laggy. I have been running a custom 4.2.2 for several months and it has been great...not trying to push this on anyone just saying. I just hope Att and Samsung give us flagship Note users something more and not leave us out in the cold. I have been with Att since 1996 and think that we deserve more then what we have been getting fromthem. Not pointing fingers.....but let me forget to pay my bill....service off.....Att dnt forget the hardcore customers that stood in line on release day of this great flagship device with high hopes....

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T is holding back the JB update for some reasons.

Whatsoever, the reasons are no matter, they are not answering on their customers which makes me so annoying.

The fact that Samsung sent the JB code to AT&T makes me more annoying, becasue AT&T is not working hard since the international JB release date is about more than 3 month and we still don't have it yet which means AT&T is being careless about galaxy note users and their cutomers.

I want jelly bean update on my galaxy note and AT&T's effort. (at least, they have to answer our question honestly)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.