The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Call me crazy, but it seems AT&T is posturing itself to back out of this update. The situation is grim my friends, we are not likely to ever see an official JB ROM. I'd at least like them to be forthcoming, remaining tight lipped is really disrespectful to their users.

Others have said it best. When your contract is up, you may be better served by a carrier that cares about its users (verizon/tmobile/sprint).

Would anyone even be so upset if AT&T was forthright with us and said something to the tune of "It's not coming" or maybe "we're working on one, hopefully sometime X quarter of 201Y"? It's one or the other, hiding it is just cruel!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

If the official release doesn't come, what would be good ROM alternative with Jelly Bean for the I717 ?

GH

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I sent this to Samsung today, now I guess well see if any of it gets answered....

I want to relay my frustration on this matter, you should know there are thousands of your customers who feel the same way. The following questions, while YOU may not be able to answer directly, you can surely find someone in your ranks who can answer them. I do not want any finger pointing to ATT or excuses, I want the truth.

1. Why are you not supporting the I717 with an update to Jelly Bean, but you are updating 2 year old hardware instead?

2. What is the estimated time frame of when you will release Jelly Bean for the I717?

3. What is your reasoning behind giving multiple time frames of when it will be released only to retract each statement, and as of now the I717 is NOT listed in your list of handsets that will get the update to Jelly Bean, it currently only shows the Sky Rocket as the ONLY phone for ATT to receive the update.

4. Who makes the rules for your company, ATT?

5. If samsung is taking orders from ATT, whos the person in charge of receiving and following these orders, this person needs to be replaced asap.

Finally, me and the countless others who support your company and contribute to your pay checks would like to express that in no way is spending the amounts of money on these devices in hopes of being not "top of the line" after a new release but still "relevant" and supported with new software. Dont forget, its the customer who keeps your company in existence and by cheating us your only hurting yourselves.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to a reply.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

As Samsung is a very famous and largest and also popular company, why does the JB update webpage still not updated?? check the below link

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

Samsung is a very famous and largest and also popular company, why does the JB update webpage still not updated? And also no JB upgrade news for  Samsung Galaxy Note ??

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I paid over $300 for this device, and more for AT&T's top-dollar service. I'm not happy that AT&T has not been timely in keeping the device's OS current.

I'm going to check and see if any consumer complaints have been filed regarding this issue.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

Why would you be updating us on the international version when this entire forum is about the AT&T US version?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

So tired of waiting for the update. They updated the skyrocket but not the note? Looks like we are going to have to wait for the original note to be out of stores before it ever sees jelly bean. Ill be leaving at&t next April

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Still no jelly bean update. Att, look at this forum. So many people want jelly bean on their galaxy note i717, yet you still wont do anything. All we are asking for is an update to jelly bean... nothing too big for your company to handle, right?... oh wait, i guess it is, since you wont do anything about it.

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

Just answer us for god's sake.

Why would you leave good custoers who buy flagship devices just twisting in the wind? Whoever is the top dog who makes decisions reharding updates at AT&T should be put out to pasture as they have absolutely no clue whatsoever how to treat high-end and/or enthusiast customers, which are an important segment as they influence buying decisions at a far higher rate than more typical customers.

So what...cat got your tongues? If you aren't releasing it then have the courtesy to say so. If you are then say so and give us even some rough idea of when. The problem isn't so much that you're late. The problem is that some of us loyal customers just frankly don't trust you anymore when it comes to support. And that should concern you AT&T.

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

They've lost most peoples confidence.  The real truth will be as peoples contracts are up and they go to a different cell phone provider that will support the devices they sell.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.