The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

The update that was released in February was for the the international version of the Note which used a Samsung CPU without LTE. The US version uses a Qualcomm CPU with LTE built in. So I think the blame should land on AT&T for wanting a different CPU which would require writing different version of Jelly bean OS for it to operate like the international version. I'm sure they didn't want to pay Samsung to develop and support Jelly Bean OS, not to mention the AT&T  "beep"ware  would probably have to be updated too.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

the android JB OS is available for Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (international version), the update file is 500 MB+. it's also have the both option like OTA (Over The Air) and Kies. AT&T is busy to add their own customization in JB for Note.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

OH, but I did update to Ice cream.  The version on my phone says 4.0.4 yet I don't see any update for the ORIGINAL Note available.  If it is available, where is it?  I check from my phone, check from KIES - nothing.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi Aaron, we received your private message and replied. We look forward to assisting you.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

the International version was checked yesterday in south Aisa via Wi-fi

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

Ok, emailed customer service and here is what I was told:

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately, at this time there is no Jellybean update available for the Original Note. If one comes available, you will be notified via SMS to download. I wish I had better news for you.

Thank you,

Mike, AT&T Social Media Manager

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

If AT&T keep holding it and not release forever, it would be against customers.

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Seems as though ATT could care less about the Galaxy Note users otherwise they would at least make an attempt to provide us with some information.  It's no wonder that their ratings are going down year after year.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@Aaron1646 i was telling JB update about the international version Samsung galaxy Note, Not att.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

its already April and still no Jelly Bean update. Its been about 8 months since the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update was announced, and when Samsung finally released it in february, ATT made us wait and is still making us wait. If ATT devoted even a few resources for the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean upgrade, it would probably be out already. But ATT doesn't care about customer satisfaction at all. Why the long wait ATT?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.