The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T & Samsung want you to lust for the latest and greatest (which honestly isn't that much better than the last version), then sell you a new phone with a new contract. Neither of them have any reason to support an old device. Next time, I'm buying a Nexus device, without a contract... hopefully T-Mobile starts picking up all of the Verizon and AT&T users as we come off of contract... I'd love to see their honest plans succeed.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey folks, 

The update to 4.1.2 was released on 2/14/13. If you haven't been able to update to Jelly Bean, you probably didn't update to Ice Cream Sandwich mid last year. 

Android 4.0 OS (Ice Cream Sandwich) for the Samsung Galaxy Note II is available to download via tethering with a personal computer, effective July 10, 2012. Over the Air (OTA) delivery is not available for this update. You can obtain the OS update by visiting the Samsung Web site at www.samsung.com/us/attgalaxynote/update from your computer. 

Please update to ICS and then try the update to Jelly Bean. 

If after that, you're still not able to update to Jelly Bean please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

the forum is for the original galaxy note i717 in your post you mention galaxy note 2 wich one are you refering to

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

The I717 is the Original Galaxy Note, not the Note II. ATT has been by far the worst when it comes to getting updates to the phones out. We keep getting told different stories depending on who you get. ICS on my Galaxy Note (the original) is slow and I have to reboot the phone daily just so I can use it. If this is how ATT is going to provide service, then I will be changing cell phone companies when my contract ends and go with someone else who does provide good support.

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah this is seriously some *** I buy a 300 dollar "flagship phone" and get nothing in the way of OS updates. But the S3 gets it? Why does my early adoption of Android phones from AT&T ALWAYS seem to get punished?

You know I've been with AT&T as my cell carrier without lapse since the mid 90's, and if there's one thing that would make me bail, it's their totally inept support of OS updates for Android phones. And the fact that their reps never know squat about anything regarding updates.

Do the right thing and get the update out. For the love of god at least give people some info. Have you no clue that keeping customers in the dark is the absolute worst thing you can do regarding customer satisfaction and loyalty?

C"mon, tell us if we are even getting it or not. If not, just say so. If we're getting it, tell us roughly when. If you don't know, well then that's a whole 'nuther kind of stupid.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi yaakovchaim,

Just wanted to check in with you and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

The information you provided is the same old song, hurry up and wait.  We Note (original) users deserve better information.  We paid a lot of money for these phones and the services is less than desirable.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

"The update to 4.1.2 was released on 2/14/13. If you haven't been able to update to Jelly Bean, you probably didn't update to Ice Cream Sandwich mid last year. "

Jamileh,

The update for the Galaxy Note I717 has most definitely NOT been released yet, although it was announced to be coming -- last August! -- just before I bought my Note 1.

I am updated to ICS (vis Kies) and check by wireless EVERY DAY for an update of the operating system. I was also checking often for updates via Kies, until I got an update (via wireless) that only changed the modem firmware of the phone but still left me in ICS -- and now, Kies says that my phone's version is no longer supported for update via Kies!  To say this handling seems less than competent would be an understatement.

Can AT&T really not be aware of all this??!!!  Have we Note 1 owners basically been forgotten by AT&T and Samsung?  I note on the Samsung page 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

that the AT&T I717 is not even listed anymore for a Jelly Bean update.

I expect you'll advise me to just take this up with Samsung, but you must surely realize that we mere AT&T customers have no influence at all on Samsung's plans.  But AT&T does, so we'd expect you to advocate for us in this issue.

Or would you prefer to give all us AT&T Note 1 I717 owners a free upgrade to the Note 2, which got Jelly Bean months ago?

- an Irritated customer

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I REALLY hate to inform all of you users (like myself) who are patiently waiting for Jelly Bean for the original Note. IT IS NOT HAPPENING. AT&T nor Samsung has any incentive to release the update; I recently purchased a Note 2 and found it lacking. With that said there is no way that I'm dealing with Samsung (nor AT&T) in the future. FYI the Google Nexus (yeah I know it's a Samsung manufactured phone) has a similiar screen size and Google has promised to support the phone (meaning 4.2 and 5.0) for the duration. I really hate to leave AT&T, but like the rest of you Android Junkies I'm also A tech geek, so your options are 1) buy the Note 2 (my advice is: DO NOT DO IT), 2) Wait for the S4 (good luck) or 3) install a custom ROM. I installed a CM ROM on my Note and found it good but not comparable to the Samsung Note 2. Good luck and Good Waiting

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

The update she is talking about is a baseband update that made the phone unsupported by Kies it is not an up date to jelly bean

jamileh wrote:

Hey folks, 

The update to 4.1.2 was released on 2/14/13. If you haven't been able to update to Jelly Bean, you probably didn't update to Ice Cream Sandwich mid last year. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.