The Samsung Galaxy S24
gooberjeff's profile

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 2:05 AM

Galaxy Note 3

Just a quick question. Everytime I turn on my wifi or gps I get a notification that says "Prevention Information : An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now ? " The only thing that I have downloaded is apps from the play store. Is it a 4.3 software problem or do I need to fix it in settings ? Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

From what i have been told it is related to Android SE and mostly Any Samsung 4.3 firmware. It should be fixed when ever you get 4.4.2

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Not much help but all of my Samsungs (3 S4's and a Note 3) did this for the first couple of weeks I had them.  I read somewhere that it was a Samsung issue.  Updated all that I could through the Samsung app store and eventually got it to go away on its own.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

10 years ago

I logged on to ask, more or less, the same question.

I had a Galaxy S3 and never had these warnings on the GS3.  AT&T kicked Knox out and replaced it with Lookout.   I keep thinking Lookout is crying wolf.    Or perhaps, blocking one of the stock apps.

(how about blocking some of the stupid Bloatware I would like off my 

Note 3?)

Loving the Note 3 in every way.   I briefly tried an iPhone, hated it.   Don't get me wrong, I love the rest of my Apple stuff.   I am posting with my iPad and I added a Mac mini last fall.    But the Note 3 rocks!

I run my own business off the phone, usually on the road,  something the iPhone was not able to do for me.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the replies !!! I guess we will have to wait to get this resolved. It doesn't really bother me but sometimes gets annoying when it pops up.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

I just read that T-Mobile Note 3 is having the same issue. They are saying that it is from Knox an app that we do not have access to. We need to be able to have access to it to resolve the problem.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Yes and no. We have parts of Knox on the phone. Look in the application manager. If you root your phone you can stop this app/service from running but that will also void the warranty. If you install the Knox app and then disable it that still does not change anything. I have tried that. Im just waiting for Kitkat to roll out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.