The Samsung Galaxy S24
bobmont's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 9:51 PM

Galaxy Note 2 WiFi

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II - It will not work on the 2.4GH WiFi low band - it will connect - but then cannot get the IP address - and then turns WiFi off saying there is a poor connection ( I am anywhere from 5 to 30 feet from Router - no difference) . It will connect to the 5GH high band. Most WiFi out there is 2.4GH low band - I have tried to connect to several routers - have reset phone - Help.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I have another thread I started about this .... but let me give you my story--

I had called about the problem and I spoke with Kristina or Christa...anyways this lady was NO help at all. She actually argued about my problem saying that it didnt make sense and it had to be my router-- I am pretty technologically inept so I told her no. After that I was put on hold for approx 5-7 min. I was then told that since the firmware update didnt finish completing on my phone (?? but it did-- whatever-) I needed to FACTORY RESET MY PHONE. I told her that it was out of the question...

After I hung up with her... I infact gave in and did a FACTORY RESET on phone. Somehow the memory card was erased too. I cant figure that out right now though, I have bigger fish to fry.

Because doing a factory restart on my phone. I still could not connect to my wifi- SO NOW I AM MAD because I NOW have to USE MY DATA PLAN to put everything back on the phone.

So I call back ATT Customer Technical Support and explain the problem. The nice older sounding lady seemed like she had confidence to fix my problem through her station accessing my phone insides and telling it XYZ.

However THAT DID NOT WORK.

Heres MY PROBLEM:

I bought this phone BRAND NEW. Under re-new contract. But here were the only options I was given to fix this problem--

THIS IS WHERE I GO FROM MAD TO ENRAGED.

I was told by ATT Technical Support that I could either send in my phone IN EXCHANGE FOR A REFURBISHED phone under the warranty

or

I could use my insurance to PAY $125 to get a new phone!

I could not believe what I was hearing. Why would I want a refurbished phone!???! I didnt buy a refurbished phone, I bought a brand new one!!! And if you think I am spending another $125 for a problem that was clearly not my fault or that can be fixed easily ATT must be out of their freakin mind.

Well needless to say, I still have my brand new phone with a different Wi-Fi problem at least once a day.

Heres how I get the phone to work--

I need to turn off my phone when I come into my house Wi-Fi. Then turn it back on. Sometimes-- it works and its connected.

Other times -- It says its connected but it is not connected. IT CONSTANTLY IS SCANNING. ALL THE TIME.

Most of my problem is the one I started this thread with-- It says Network Disabled. Poor Connection. I will try numerous times and I get nothing.

Also, a week after I did a factory restart on the phone.... getting rid of the problem-- the phone found the firmware update AGAIN. So I had to go thru this process twice.

I love this phone. But its driving me mad.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

This is hysterical to me because I walked in to the ATT Store at Bridgewater Commons in NJ and the guy tried to make me feel like a fool as he non chalantly took out the battery, popped it back in and handed it to me and it did work--- Until I got home as well.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Had the same thing happen, then I took the phone back to the AT&T store and told them to give me a new phone. No problems since.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

This is the 2nd time I had this issue. Sent it to Samsung and they redid the firmware and updated the software to 4.1.2 etc.

Phone worked for a day before I restored my stuff. Worked for another day and a half then I happened to notice it was being updated with a 176MB download from ATT. So I waited till it was done to see what was going to happen. Phone rebooted and I noticed right away my wifi was gone.

Called Samsung next day and they said to send it back for further testing.

Something hit me today that if my phone was already updated, why was I getting another update so soon.

I decided to check my S3 and lo and behold it was still at 4.1.1

What I did was call ATT to confrm which IME# was on my account, it was the IME# for my S3 lol. What was happening was that my sim card was in the Note 2 and was being fed an update for my S3 which led to corrupted files etc.

My issue was caused by switching my sim card back and forth between my Note 2 and S3.

I had them change the IME# on my account to the Note 2 and I rebooted and my wifi started working.

Too bad I did a factory reset a couple hours earlier lol

Hope this helps someone Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the same problem, Note 2 drops wifi connection after a day or two. Resetting the router works, but is only possible with my home router, not out and about.  The problem appeared after the upgrade to version 4.1.2. I hope they fix the problem soon.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

did any solution work?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i tried taking out the battery and sim card and it made no diference except it reinstalled the ATT apps that i had uninstalled!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

OMG! This actually worked! I have been struggling w/the same problem, but your suggestion worked for me. I know this hasn't worked for everyone but thank you for sharing Philzilla2k!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

that happens anytime the phone is powered off

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.