The Samsung Galaxy S24
bobmont's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 9:51 PM

Galaxy Note 2 WiFi

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II - It will not work on the 2.4GH WiFi low band - it will connect - but then cannot get the IP address - and then turns WiFi off saying there is a poor connection ( I am anywhere from 5 to 30 feet from Router - no difference) . It will connect to the 5GH high band. Most WiFi out there is 2.4GH low band - I have tried to connect to several routers - have reset phone - Help.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T's WiFi manager does not work either - all of them do the same thing - I can connect on 5gh band nt on 2.4 gh band. Same errors same results. Reset phone with nothing else added and get the same results.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I returned my phone for a new one and then didn't upgrade software since that's when my problems started, working fine out of the box.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I went to At&t store today - Their floor sample would not connect either.

At&t Tech support said we did all that they would do and put me on to Samsung tech support.

He put in a Ticket and we decided to try to see if a new one out of the box would work -

We got a new one and put my sim in it and it would not connect either.

I'll talk to Samsung again Monday.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Samsung wanted to return the phone for repair - told them I would get back to At&t - could not be a week without a phone.

Just got off the phone with AT&T Tech support - they are going to send me a new phone to see if that fixes the problem.

I will let you know what happens.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I am having the same issue. I can connect with my wifi at home which is5Hz but I can't connect to my wifi at work 2.4 GHZ. It gives the same error as other people are saying poor connecting. This problem started after I got the android update to 4.1.2. I will try to install wifi manager and see if solves the problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I was having a related problem that the solution to, may help?

I, bought and installed a new apple airport extreme router at home.  No problems with install or connecting to 2 laptops and my & my wife's Note 2's, all of which support 11n.  Speedtest.net showed full 25mb signal on both laptops, but 4-6mb on both phones.  After much experimenting, I tried turning off auto connect in advanced settings (menu) in wifi mgr.  Both phones now get full 25mb download speed

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

When I select a connection it asks me for a password.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

The AT&T sent me another phone with version 4.1.1 that works. The 4.1.2 version was on the phone that did not work - don't know if it was the 4.1.2 update or the phone that is the problem. It seems that the 4.1.2 update was removed.

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Att update to 4.1.2 has a bug which affects wifi. Bought note2 with 4.1.1 software - worked fine. Att forced update to 4.1.2 and wifi would not connect , stated poor conection or unable to obtain ip address. Returned phone and same thing happened with new phone. After many hours with att support and samsung support , i was told it is a bug in 4.1.2 software and wait for a patch

Cant believe people are not screaming about this!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Well, part of the problem is it's not effecting everyone. On my replacement phone I haven't had the problem I did on my original.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.