Helpful Links

Galaxy Note 2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update - notification panel customizations blocked?

Teacher

Galaxy Note 2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update - notification panel customizations blocked?

Unless I am missing something, it appears that AT&T has blocked the ability to customize the notification panel on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2  with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update.  This is just a simple, basic, customization why would it be blocked?  I use airplane mode frequently and would prefer to have it available as soon as I pull down the panel instead of having to scroll to it.  I would have gotten an iphone if I didn't want to customize things my way.

http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Note-5.png

http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Note-5.png

Message 1 of 4
Former Community Manager

Re: Galaxy Note 2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update - notification panel customizations blocked?

I have a question on this out to a couple folks & will let you know what I find out. 

My assumption is that this functionality was not included in this update but I'll confirm. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update - notification panel customizations blocked?

I was informed from an on line chat to Samsung tech support that the Notification Panel customization on the Samsung Galaxy note 2 is not available on US phones. BOO!!! Would love to have it. I have seen plenty of videos on You Tube showing how it works but these are all oversea's demo's.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

can't you just unlock the phone and free up everything?

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support