For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
risdaone's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 5:35 PM

Galaxy Note 2 ATT Software Update app won't stop running

Ever since I attempted to update to 4.1.2, this app runs in the task manager reducing my battery life!. Samsung said it's ATT's app. ATT is clueless blaming Samsung. It's greyed out in the task manager so it keeps running. I wish I had another carrier at the monent. I think a lot of ATT people should be aware of this because this is what runs the battery down before and after the upgrade to 4.1.2. The app starts running as soon as you select "check for updates" in the "software update" tab in the "about device". Noone has been able to point to this yet from what I've read online. Has anyone else seen this?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Does this occur even when you turn the phone off/on?

Were you able to successfully update to 4.1.2?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I tried to clear the cache & reboot. No luck. The stop function in the task manager is greyed out. Yes after 5 weeks, talking to tech support, and an on/off connection from ATT, 4.1.2 installed.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Mine is updated to 4.1.2 but the at&t software update continues to be on my running apps. I suspect that it's the cause for my phone's low battery performance. Is there a way to disable this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Spoke with At&T Wireless Tech Support and was told there's nothing that can be done about their destructive, uneducated AT&T software updates except to issue customers who aren't satisfied, with a refurbished phone as long as they're still under warranty. I don't understand this type of customer service when 1. My phone is 98% unusable because of AT&T's defunct update that I was given no option to avoid installing on my phone and 2. I purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy 4 months ago that AT&T busted and refuses to replace with a phone of equal value and 3. (the worst part of the deal), If within 10 days of receiving someone else's formerly busted phone, I don't send them my beautiful non-previously owned phone that I paid for directly out of its new packaging, they will add $484.00 to my bill. Well...if that isn't the tops, I don't know what is.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.