For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
resneault's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 29th, 2018 4:17 PM

Galaxy J7 transfer files/apps to SD card

I have a Galaxy J7 running Android 7.0. I just installed a 64 gb SD card to free up some internal storage. The phone sees the card, but I'm unsure as to how to go about moving files to the card. I found one post that gave some help, but didn't seem to go beyond copy and paste. Is there any specific file structure to maintain so things don't get lost? And help is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

6 years ago

The only file structure in the sd card that I know of is for photos. On your camera app, you can go to settings, storage, and set the default storage to sd card. Then it will setup the folder of DCIM and subfolder of Camera in sd card and your photo from now on will go to the sd card. Then you can copy and paste the existing photos from internal memory to the sd card into the Camera subfolder.

As for other apps, some you can go to settings and set your default storage to sd card. Other may not have that option so you have to check it out case by case.

You can of course set up other folders in the sd card that make sense to you, such as downloads, music, documents etc. Again you can copy and paste the files from internal storage to those folders. If you forget where you have put something, the easiest way is to use "my files" or "file manage" and use the search feature (magnify glass).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.