Helpful Links

GS5 Features Removed

Mentor

GS5 Features Removed

It it true that AT&T has removed several of the GS5's built in features like Download booster, Kids mode? How about the new security features like Find My Mobile and reactivation lock and whatever else? Are those gone as well?

Message 1 of 38
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: GS5 Features Removed

Welcome to our world ATT disabled DataSense in WP8 and won't even give us a reason. Total silence on the matter.

Message 31 of 38
Expert

brandor wrote:

Welcome to our world ATT disabled DataSense in WP8 and won't even give us a reason. Total silence on the matter.

this is a peer to peer forum, not a technical support forum

Message 32 of 38

Hi dickeymo69

The kids mode is still in your phone. I hastn't been removed by AT&T. In your home screen or any screen that has a free space select until a sub menu appears, select "widgets". Look for the "Kids Mode" widged. Select it and will install the shortcut in your screen. Tap on the icon and it will require you to download the full specs of the app (yes, it downloads the full, for if you dont need it, it doesnt accumulate space in your internal space).

The Find My mobile is still active in your phone. Here is the link to search for it:

http://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

Cheers

Message 33 of 38
Contributor

I wish AT&T did not remove Samsung Car Mode either.  It is a great feature and very easy to use.

Message 34 of 38
Teacher

ATT said: You don't need those features. You will comply
Message 35 of 38

Re: S5 Feature Blocked by AT&T

I know this is from April but is it still being evaluated?
Message 36 of 38
Contributor

How long does it take to evaluate the download booster? S...

How long does it take to evaluate the download booster? S5 been out since April
Message 37 of 38
Mentor

Great day for gs5 lollipop is here my phone runs way faster love it,thier is a few minor bugs but i am sure at&t will fix it. I want to say it was worth the wait and now i know why at&t was so late they put out a very problem free lollipop update for the gs5 other companys just put it out without testing it. Thank you at&t
Message 38 of 38
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support