Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 9, 2014
10:15:13 AM
GS5 Features Removed

It it true that AT&T has removed several of the GS5's built in features like Download booster, Kids mode? How about the new security features like Find My Mobile and reactivation lock and whatever else? Are those gone as well?

It it true that AT&T has removed several of the GS5's built in features like Download booster, Kids mode? How about the new security features like Find My Mobile and reactivation lock and whatever else? Are those gone as well?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2014 1:45:57 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

We are evaluating Samsung’s Download Booster Feature. We thoroughly test new software, features and functionality to ensure that it meets our standards for a quality user experience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

GS5 Features Removed

37 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(37)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 9:18:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

Welcome to our world ATT disabled DataSense in WP8 and won't even give us a reason. Total silence on the matter.

Welcome to our world ATT disabled DataSense in WP8 and won't even give us a reason. Total silence on the matter.

Re: GS5 Features Removed

31 of 38 (1,452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 8:36:19 AM
(0)
Expert

brandor wrote:

this is a peer to peer forum, not a technical support forum

brandor wrote:

this is a peer to peer forum, not a technical support forum

32 of 38 (1,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 2:44:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi dickeymo69

The kids mode is still in your phone. I hastn't been removed by AT&T. In your home screen or any screen that has a free space select until a sub menu appears, select "widgets". Look for the "Kids Mode" widged. Select it and will install the shortcut in your screen. Tap on the icon and it will require you to download the full specs of the app (yes, it downloads the full, for if you dont need it, it doesnt accumulate space in your internal space).

The Find My mobile is still active in your phone. Here is the link to search for it:

http://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

Cheers

Hi dickeymo69

The kids mode is still in your phone. I hastn't been removed by AT&T. In your home screen or any screen that has a free space select until a sub menu appears, select "widgets". Look for the "Kids Mode" widged. Select it and will install the shortcut in your screen. Tap on the icon and it will require you to download the full specs of the app (yes, it downloads the full, for if you dont need it, it doesnt accumulate space in your internal space).

The Find My mobile is still active in your phone. Here is the link to search for it:

http://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

Cheers

33 of 38 (1,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 2:07:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

I wish AT&T did not remove Samsung Car Mode either.  It is a great feature and very easy to use.

I wish AT&T did not remove Samsung Car Mode either.  It is a great feature and very easy to use.

34 of 38 (1,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2014 4:06:41 PM
(0)
Teacher
ATT said: You don't need those features. You will comply
ATT said: You don't need those features. You will comply

35 of 38 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2014 8:26:18 AM
(0)
Tutor
I know this is from April but is it still being evaluated?
I know this is from April but is it still being evaluated?

Re: S5 Feature Blocked by AT&T

36 of 38 (318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2014 1:48:52 PM
(0)
Contributor
How long does it take to evaluate the download booster? S5 been out since April
How long does it take to evaluate the download booster? S5 been out since April

How long does it take to evaluate the download booster? S...

37 of 38 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2015 5:33:45 AM
(0)
Mentor
Great day for gs5 lollipop is here my phone runs way faster love it,thier is a few minor bugs but i am sure at&t will fix it. I want to say it was worth the wait and now i know why at&t was so late they put out a very problem free lollipop update for the gs5 other companys just put it out without testing it. Thank you at&t
Great day for gs5 lollipop is here my phone runs way faster love it,thier is a few minor bugs but i am sure at&t will fix it. I want to say it was worth the wait and now i know why at&t was so late they put out a very problem free lollipop update for the gs5 other companys just put it out without testing it. Thank you at&t

38 of 38 (168 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments