The Samsung Galaxy S24
dickeymo69's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 5:15 PM

GS5 Features Removed

It it true that AT&T has removed several of the GS5's built in features like Download booster, Kids mode? How about the new security features like Find My Mobile and reactivation lock and whatever else? Are those gone as well?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

just wanted to let you know these missing features are the some of the main reasins I upgraded to the s5. I am very DISAPPOINTED and hope this will be fixed in a future software upgrade soon.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am very disappointed this is borderline communism the download booster was a major factor in buying the s5 please fix this ASAP

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T "future releases" = once we have a way to limit it or hack it then we will release a chopped version. maybe 2 years after you buy the phone. and theres a s6 or s7 out. Thanks for your money.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

KNOX was also removed. I was really looking forward to this feature.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

it has knox on it.  you have to download the app from the samsung store

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon all block the Download Booster on their models of the Galaxy S5. T-Mobile is the only big four carrier that supports the feature.

http://www.androidauthority.com/carriers-block-galaxy-s5-download-booster-367756/

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@tailgunner9 wrote:

AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon all block the Download Booster on their models of the Galaxy S5. T-Mobile is the only big four carrier that supports the feature.

http://www.androidauthority.com/carriers-block-galaxy-s5-download-booster-367756/

Confused so you are asking to have a feature turned on that will chew up your data allocation faster?

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

It's understandable why it was blocked, aside from pulling from AT&T's network which would be taxing on them all the time. It also could completely drain the data of users with small data plans, then said users would go over their plans get charged extra fees, find out about it and then start complaing to AT&T about how the heck they went over, because they wouldn't know exactly how this "Booster" works.

It sucks for those with larger data plans that would want to take advantage of this, but I think AT&T is more worried about the issues it could cause to the smaller data planned people. People act like AT&T/Verizon/Sprint were all malicious and such for getting rid of this feature, but I'm sure they wouldn't have minded making a ton of money off the people who would shoot over their plans.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

The usage scenarios for the Download Booster are so limited that AT&T shouldn't be concerned about users going over their data plans because of it.  If that were truly the case, I don't see why YouTube and any other video playing apps wouldn't be disabled, too.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Mariana, and please keep us posted.  I spent the entire weekend debating whether to buy the S5 from AT&T or T-Mobile because of this issue.  I still haven't made a decision.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.