The Samsung Galaxy S24
dickeymo69's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 5:15 PM

GS5 Features Removed

It it true that AT&T has removed several of the GS5's built in features like Download booster, Kids mode? How about the new security features like Find My Mobile and reactivation lock and whatever else? Are those gone as well?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

We are evaluating Samsung’s Download Booster Feature. We thoroughly test new software, features and functionality to ensure that it meets our standards for a quality user experience.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I am very disappointed with this decision by AT&T to permanently disable the download booster option on this device. Not only would it benefit the company in terms of profits, but it would benefit the needs and wants of the consumers! People want stuff and they want it fast!!! Why disable one of the Key Features of this device AT&T??? I am starting to wonder why I ever left my previous carrier. This is like a dictator carrier haha.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I am very disappointed with this decision by AT&T to permanently disable the download booster option on this device. Not only would it benefit the company in terms of profits, but it would benefit the needs and wants of the consumers! People want stuff and they want it fast!!! Why disable one of the Key Features of this device AT&T??? I am starting to wonder why I ever left my previous carrier. This is like a dictator carrier haha.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I was reading up on this. It sounds cool, using wifi and cellular data to improve downloading.

According to an Shawn De Cesari who wrote  this, he says it may be coming on future updates.

Based on that, I suspect, it's not yet well optimized for AT&T's network

-Alex

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I was reading up on this. It sounds cool, using wifi and cellular data to improve downloading.

According to an Shawn De Cesari who wrote  this, he says it may be coming on future updates.

Based on that, I suspect, it's not yet well optimized for AT&T's network

-Alex

Scholar

• 

191 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, they disabled it.  Its beyond frustrating.  They must think us concumers would not notice.  Download booster is a great feature, one that I most definately could benefit from.  

AT&T obviously worried that some one would exceed their data usage on WIFI with this feature.  That and they do not want people on the network.  That's why they are always telling people to use WIFI whenever.  

So sick of this company.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

loganic as an AT&T employee I am sorry that they did not either train you on this feature, or you are telling me what you think I want to hear. I personally am a vendor for Samsung and have known this for weeks now. I've been preaching it to consumers, and it's going to be difficult to explain to them that either I was lying or AT&T chose not to go with the feature for what reasons I do not know. From a business standpoint it would be benefiting everyone involved. AT&T could profit IF and when consumers went over their data plans, and consumers could get faster downloads....which again has been advertised for weeks now. So I will take the rap for you this time, AT&T, but I don't know how much longer I can take these chinks in your chain.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Now I'm almost scared to try the water test!

Professor

• 

568 Messages

10 years ago

I have the ATT S5 and none of those features are on the phone.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, I've been reading some of the reviews over on Android Central and it looks like Download booster was revomed by almost all carriers. Sad to see that, but even sadder to see that AT&T continues to remove security features like they did with knox.

I did see that kids mode supposedly can be download from Samsung Apps. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.