The Samsung Galaxy S24
tss2009's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 6:51 PM

GINGERBREAD ?????????

Why dosen"t anyone from at&t, let us know when we will recieve gingerbread updates for infuse and captivate???                              Does anyone from at&t ever read these messages??Smiley Mad

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

There is an update to gingerbread for the infuse threw Kies.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

12 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Yes , i"ve searched the forums!

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

12 years ago

ATT is the slowest in releasing updates , mainly because they want their footprint in everything. If you are bold enough to not wait on att, and want the update early, go to sites like xda and see what they've got going on, might fine an early release there if you're lucky.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

ATT- By dragging your feet in providing software updates to your phones, you  are setting up the userbase to be fooled into downloading and installing bootleg software from the Internet.  The temptation to download one of these custom roms increases as the time since updates are made available grows.  

By doing this you are making the Apple product more powerful because they release updates in a timely and periodic manner.  You are lessening the brand of Android but taking so long.  Apple really loves you guys!  Just keep fueling their engine!  Someday, perhaps they will be telling you how to run your business!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

i agree with you ...I have had the Infuse for some time now, and everyday I find my self searching the internet for news on the AT&T version of the update. I can go to one of the sources and down load the boot leg but i dont want to have the problems with it. My wife and daughter have the atrix, and they have the 2.3.5 and it makes me very upset...thats all i have to say

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thankfully, Verizon is coming to Alaska next year. As all other infuse customers, and Android fans, I've had enough! Ice Cream sandwich will be out next month and no gingerbread for the infuse yet! I guess it's fine now a days to puchase a smartphone and have it become obsolete 3 months later. Bottom line is, I'll be moving to Verizon, first in line, even if it means getting the iPhone! Great job AT&T!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I have been with AT&T since 2005 but I am planning on paying the early termination and going to verizon or I will be rooting my phone, one way or another I WILL get what I want. Enough is enough !!! They dont even have a good avatar for my captivate since its not 4g and I didnt see a Samsung label in the vendor section of the avatars go figure

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

@rgholston4435 wrote:
i agree with you ...I have had the Infuse for some time now, and everyday I find my self searching the internet for news on the AT&T version of the update. I can go to one of the sources and down load the boot leg but i dont want to have the problems with it. My wife and daughter have the atrix, and they have the 2.3.5 and it makes me very upset...thats all i have to say

Which problems?  If you want something fairly stable, go with one of the firmwares based on UXKG3 - that's not a bootleg, it's official Rogers Canadian firmware.  It is possible to get bone-stock UXKG3, but to be honest, alternatives like Infused v2.x provide a better experience (debloating, cleanup, and backporting of the camera libraries from the UCKI3 leak, which is about the only good thing from the UCKI3 leak.)

The only thing you'll lose by going to Rogers Gingerbread for the Infuse is HDMI at this point.

If you're on a Captivate - that is so close to the I9000 hardware-wise that it can run stock I9000 ROMs with very little modification, and the required modifications have been identified.  As a result there are some EXTREMELY stable ROMs for the Captivate, such as Serendipity VII (which also ran great on the Infuse.)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

If I would install the I9000 ROMs wont AT&T regulations be violated? Will it affect my contract with AT&T? If no how do I get this update? Can you please post a link for the update?

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.