Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 17, 2013
4:07:45 PM
For those using the Galaxy S III -- before you update...

I just got the OTA update notification (and did) to 4.1.2.  Well, after updating, I found that the ability to right swipe (not swype) to make a call from the Address book quit working (left swipe to txt still worked).  Most of the time it doesn't work... but once in a while, I get it to work.

This is a problem, considering this phone is used for business purposes, and working as a Systems Admin for IT, we have to maintain a list of features added, removed, or degraded, along with a list of known issues.

Naturally, Samsung support is zero help.

Anyone else have this problem?

I just got the OTA update notification (and did) to 4.1.2.  Well, after updating, I found that the ability to right swipe (not swype) to make a call from the Address book quit working (left swipe to txt still worked).  Most of the time it doesn't work... but once in a while, I get it to work.

This is a problem, considering this phone is used for business purposes, and working as a Systems Admin for IT, we have to maintain a list of features added, removed, or degraded, along with a list of known issues.

Naturally, Samsung support is zero help.

Anyone else have this problem?

For those using the Galaxy S III -- before you update...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 4:44:24 PM
(0)
Tutor
UPDATE: The right swipe works if you start swiping on the name... not the icon. This came from a supervisor at Samsung.
UPDATE: The right swipe works if you start swiping on the name... not the icon. This came from a supervisor at Samsung.

Re: For those using the Galaxy S III -- before you update...

2 of 2 (5,357 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments