The Samsung Galaxy S24
eddie42503's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 1:02 AM

Flash player for Android

I was watching a you tube video about the HTC one x and it was mentioned that mid Aug of this year adobe flash player is no longer going to be on the google play market. Im in the process of upgrading next month to new phone and I've tried several android phones at the local At&T store and there is no flash to play you tube videos on them along with other flash thats needed. Is there any other app offered. I've been using the iphone 3gs then the 4 and want a phone with flash usage thats why Im considering a android phone. I need help ASAP. Can someone give advise on a compatable app for flash...

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

12 years ago

I have Adobe Flash Player on my S3 and it works fine.  The problem is ( they say) updates will not be available.  You can still get it for the HTC one.

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

12 years ago

FWIW I have version 11.1.115.12 and it works.  I just checked and saw complaints with versions

11.1.115.16  & 11.1.115.17 as of 8/25. Use at your own risk or check into an alternative as posted

above.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

YouTube will work as long as you have the YouTube app installed. Flash on other websites will either have to use an app developed specially for that site, or move to HTML5.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

@kinghdmi wrote:

I have Adobe Flash Player on my S3 and it works fine.  The problem is ( they say) updates will not be available.  You can still get it for the HTC one.

I dont think Flash will be available when you upgrade to Jelly Bean..they will remove it

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Install of flash player for android worked and i could play my web application. But when trying to use the same application after accessing that same site on Chrome it still stated that flashplayer was required. Same problem with playing a video off another site. Once installed, why do other browsers or sites not find it? How can one make them find it??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.