The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 8:37 PM

Finally a way to turn off LTE for the Galaxy S3! (Saves a lot of Battery)

Got this from another forum and it seems to work! 

1) With phone on, take off back cover and press your SIM card so it releases from the spring. It won't come all the way out as it's blocked by the battery. This seems fine - I didn't bother trying to force it out as I didn't want to break anything...
2) Once you see the message that the SIM card is removed, go to the dialer and dial *#2263#
3) You should see a menu with band selections. The current setting is "Automatic". If you switch to "GSM All", you will be EDGE (2G). If you switch to "WCDMA All", you will be on HSPA+ (3G, though AT&T and others call it 4G).
4) Press the SIM card back into place until it clicks. For whatever reason the phone will not recognize it until you reboot. Upon reboot you should see your new setting in effect.

Idk why they don't just make a toggle for this like the iPhoen 5 has, but this is an alternative method which seems to work! I have tried

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

They just sent update to my s4 stopping this from working. I'mMAD only way way I can get lte where I live and talk on phone when need to. The take SIM out deal still works. Seriously ready to root phone. Unless they somehow put in update something keeps from doing THAT!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Download app called "4G switch" from playstore and switch between any network...

I m using it since long and its very usefull.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Nexus phones come with a quick toggle so I don't have to deal with att nonsense

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You can also get a non-LTE SIM card. It will pickup regular cell towers and HSPA+ (faux G) whatever you wanna call it. Gets about 4-5Mbps download and doesn't murder your battery like LTE does.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.