The Samsung Galaxy S24
zhenboling's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Monday, June 25th, 2012 6:25 PM

Feedback of ICS for GS2 i777

1. Battery life is still short. Haven't fixed it.

2. Cannot turn off the start-up ringtone.

3. Cannot turn off the Screen Animation.

Thanks for the long-waited ICS.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I too am experiencing frequent (2 or 3 per day) random reboots.

I was experiencing very slow app loading and some wifi issues, but removing the battery seems to resolved those issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm having the same problem with email. Right password but it says invalid.

Also spelling options disappear for some reason. But speed of webpages better. And battery life has been better. As long as they fix the bugs I'll like it. If they don't going back to go.gif bread.may be an option.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

12 years ago

I keep loosing my Notification Sounds and Vibration. I have to reboot phone to get them working again.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, vmaffeo.

Regarding to the unlocking bug,

When the WIFI is on, I can use my gmail and password to unlock the screen.

When the WIFI is off, my gmail and password is always invalid, even I enter them correctly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have no pictures of my favorites under contacts. Is there any way to switch it back to a list instead of those big empty pictures?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

The update was really easy.  I am noticing certain apps will lock up the phone and the only way is to hold the power button down and reboot.  I haven't seen the screenshot feature that is supposedly included in the ICS update.  I am wondering if doing a factory reset will make it a clean ICS install.  THE NFC as usual is not active I wonder what is worse waiting for Google to get the app right or the carriers to get their act together creating a NFC app. Hopefully an update will follow. Anyone know how to clear out the duplicates in their address book?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

I did some digging and I think I found out why my phone was locking up.  The update to ICS doesn't install all your apps correctly.  I looked in the task manager in the downloaded tab and found multiple apps that said I had installed but when i double checked them they were not.  Once I uninstalled these apps I found my phone to be more responsive and hasn't locked up on me since.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Update over Kies seemed straightforward.  I did have to re-pair bluetooth devices, but otherwise, phone seems stable.  Battery life seems about thesame - perhaps a little better.  I have a user-defined set of power-saving settings that kicks in at 30% power.  Consistent with my experience with Gingerbread, if I run the battery below 30%, then these settings seem to "stick", even after the phone is recharged.

Interface seems a bit better, but not dramatically so.

Joe

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

I have factory reset my phone, but sometimes I also suffer the no-notification-ringtone problem.

It comes back after I restart my phone. But sometimes the problem reoccurs.

Galaxy S2 i777 Android 4.0.3

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

notification ring tone issue is annoying.  although after a soft reset?  (taking battery out)  my random freeze ups stopped.

i hope someone will get a fix out for these issues soon

otherwise i'm loving ics. although i do kinda miss the old gmail setup but the new one is easier to navigate between accounts

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.