The Samsung Galaxy S24
whitecrane's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 17th, 2017 3:52 AM

Enable WIFi Calling on unlocked HTC 10

It's supposed to be in the Call app under "Enhanced Call Service." It is not in there.

Was advised by AT&T rep that their policies had changed and will no longer intentionally block WiFi calling from unlocked, non AT&T branded phones. Rep altered the necessary provisions so that my phone could make WiFi calls. Then he told me all I needed to do was go to the AT&T store for a new SIM. Got the new SIM. Still no WiFi calls (but HD Voice works fine). HTC suggested a hard reset. Does this make sense? Or is the feature simply not supported for a technical reason? My phone DOES support Wifi calling. But I cannot find it anywhere in the phone menus.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

ATT welcome pretty much any phone.  But the Pixel is not able to get wifi calling on ATT, nor does this webpage say it is possible.  It's just a promotion to get new business from pixel owners.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

You can get VoLTE, but not wifi calling.  ATT was supposed to carry this phone, but it fell through.  Getting VoLTE is a surprise.  But wifi calling isn't possible.

The rep who said ATT doesn't prohibit non branded android from wifi calling must believe in unicorns and mermaids too.  Wrong.  Wish it were true as none of my phones are branded.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Are you sure? I've been reading AT&T changed their policies to allow WiFi
calling on any phone that has the hardware for it.

Isn't that why it works on the Pixel?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Where are you reading this?  Link please?  If it worked on the Pixel, which I own, I would send ATT a virtual Smooch.  It doesn't.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

https://www.att.com/plans/google-pixel.html

Use a desktop to view. The mobile site doesn't mention this.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

https://www.att.com/plans/google-pixel.html

Use a desktop to view. The mobile site doesn't mention this.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Your right

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Your right

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Almost had me doing cartwheels...   ATT reverses itself often, but usually after force is applied.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Did you ever get the unlocked HTC 10 Wi-Fi calling to work?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.