The Samsung Galaxy S24
whitecrane's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 17th, 2017 3:52 AM

Enable WIFi Calling on unlocked HTC 10

It's supposed to be in the Call app under "Enhanced Call Service." It is not in there.

Was advised by AT&T rep that their policies had changed and will no longer intentionally block WiFi calling from unlocked, non AT&T branded phones. Rep altered the necessary provisions so that my phone could make WiFi calls. Then he told me all I needed to do was go to the AT&T store for a new SIM. Got the new SIM. Still no WiFi calls (but HD Voice works fine). HTC suggested a hard reset. Does this make sense? Or is the feature simply not supported for a technical reason? My phone DOES support Wifi calling. But I cannot find it anywhere in the phone menus.  

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

No. Still requires a branded AT&T device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

From my experience they do have WiFi calling but I have only been able to use it on ATT branded phones such as the iPhones from their store along with the Galaxy phones from their store. I've tried to use wifi calling on both the yotaphone 2 and Nexus 5X with no success. Granted the issue with the yotaphone could be that it's a Russian phone that's not sold in the US but the Nexus should have no issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@dillzilla11 wrote:

From my experience they do have WiFi calling but I have only been able to use it on ATT branded phones such as the iPhones from their store along with the Galaxy phones from their store. I've tried to use wifi calling on both the yotaphone 2 and Nexus 5X with no success. Granted the issue with the yotaphone could be that it's a Russian phone that's not sold in the US but the Nexus should have no issue.

Please don’t muddy waters....

Only ATT branded Samsung and LG phones with marshmallow or newer OS have Wifi calling.  iPhone 6 or newer have Wifi calling.  

No other phones at this time, ATT branded or not have Wifi calling.

This is a postpaid, enhanced calling feature only. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.